looks like it's just us

Discuss either theological doctrines, ideas about God, or Biblical criticism. I don't want any debates about creation vs evolution.

Moderator:Metacrock

Forum rules
(1) be interesting (2) be nice.
unred typo
Re: looks like it's just us

Post by unred typo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:59 am

OK, good to formally meet you at long last. I think I have been a member since…hmmmn..5 computers ago? I may have posted way back when I didn’t know any better, and now I do, but I don’t care. You need a good ‘man on the street’ connection to reality, from what I read, which is admittedly, as little as I can get by with. Mayhaps, a useful symbiotic relationship. The biggest problem I see with your boards from the git go is the woeful lack of useable emoticons. If I am going to post effectively, I’m going to require a squirrely eyed smilie, a rotfpmp laffer, a drop-dead-why-don’t-you/ sideways glancing smilie, and a emoti-hug for starters. That’s unless you want to drop your #1 forum rule. Up to you now. *insert coy smilie*
The truth will stand with you but man-made doctrines will melt away like cowards in the battle.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:13 am

unred typo wrote:OK, good to formally meet you at long last. I think I have been a member since…hmmmn..5 computers ago? I may have posted way back when I didn’t know any better, and now I do, but I don’t care. You need a good ‘man on the street’ connection to reality, from what I read, which is admittedly, as little as I can get by with. Mayhaps, a useful symbiotic relationship. The biggest problem I see with your boards from the git go is the woeful lack of useable emoticons. If I am going to post effectively, I’m going to require a squirrely eyed smilie, a rotfpmp laffer, a drop-dead-why-don’t-you/ sideways glancing smilie, and a emoti-hug for starters. That’s unless you want to drop your #1 forum rule. Up to you now. *insert coy smilie*

First of all. As to the man on the street thing. What I think you are trying to say is that my level of academic gibberish is not your style. don't worry about it. That's just me. you have valuable insights,s o give them. I don't care how you put it.

as for emoticons, the board is jut days old. brand new. I don't know anything about this system it was set up for me by a friend because EZB kicked us out. But If we can have better one's I'll find them. I had a dandy set of them on the EZB but I had to bring them on board. IF I can do that here I'll find out.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:53 pm

Hei, whatever I can do to help out. It’s woman on the street, actually, but that didn’t sound too good. :shock: If I don’t say, which I didn’t used to but since my Dad passed away, (it freaked him out to think someone might stalk me or something so I didn’t put any personal details for his sake but I guess he’s not worried about it anymore.) most people think I’m a man by the way I write. Not sure why that is. Doesn't matter.

As for smilies, not a deal either… I can improvise. *insert thumbsup smilie* *insert lmao smilie*
The truth will stand with you but man-made doctrines will melt away like cowards in the battle.

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:03 pm

Unred, I asked to see if you wre a pster form the old forum wiht a new username, sorry.

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:17 pm

ZAROVE wrote:Unred, I asked to see if you wre a pster form the old forum wiht a new username, sorry.
No problem, Z. I am an old poster from the old forum with the same old name I think, but I haven't been around in years. Stuck in a rut on another board. (They hate me, but it's not their fault.) I have peeked in Meta's board from time to time but the discussions are quite frankly out of my league. I don't want to be an annoyance but maybe i can have some nice little discussions off in a dustbunny corner and let the big boys play with their numinous toys, and once you get rolling and have too many posts to keep up with, I can help with the postalites. 8-)

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:58 pm

I think you're fun, Unred Typo. :mrgreen: Humility and humor are always refreshing-- and since as far as I know, we're the only two women here so far, I'm glad you're here to keep me company! I'm no intellectual heavy-weight either. Mostly I've just got some ordinary, common sense and a little education in writing and literature. But we can both make valuable contributions to the discussions.

Metacrock, I'm a member of another phpBB board, and I like the format much better than EZ Board or Yuku. And yes, you can get more smilies. I'm not sure how, but I know it can be done. Maybe Rick can help? (puppy-dog eyes to Rick - yes, we have a puppy-dog-eyes smilie on my other forum!)
btw . clever avator. My friend.
Heh. You're cleverer than I if you see anything more than a pretty butterfly. :lol: But thanks much!
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:46 pm

VisualFiction wrote:Before Doxa was, I AM.

glad you could make it VE. please go to the 1x1 board and answer the two arguments I've laid out for you. Also there are posts under existence of God called "decision making paradigm" that I ask you to read. they are under the admin name doxaws.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:44 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:I think you're fun, Unred Typo. :mrgreen: Humility and humor are always refreshing-- and since as far as I know, we're the only two women here so far, I'm glad you're here to keep me company! I'm no intellectual heavy-weight either. Mostly I've just got some ordinary, common sense and a little education in writing and literature. But we can both make valuable contributions to the discussions.

Metacrock, I'm a member of another phpBB board, and I like the format much better than EZ Board or Yuku. And yes, you can get more smilies. I'm not sure how, but I know it can be done. Maybe Rick can help? (puppy-dog eyes to Rick - yes, we have a puppy-dog-eyes smilie on my other forum!)
btw . clever avator. My friend.
Heh. You're cleverer than I if you see anything more than a pretty butterfly. :lol: But thanks much!
Good to be on such a nice board. It did need a woman's touch though, you're right. We'll just put up a few pictures, redecorate...new furniture...
:mrgreen:

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:55 am

VisualFiction wrote:I wanted to start a thread in the Relax section for the Who fans on this board. I've become really interested in finding Christianity/Bible themes in the classic Who TV show, if there are any. And I thought Meta and Zarove would be the guys to talk to about that. If you guys would find that an interesting thread, thanks to start one. I don't have the permission to start it.
Hmmmn... who is Dr.Who? Enquiring minds would want to know, I'm sure. I would read it if you post. Sounds interesting to me, although I probably would just be a lurker. 8-)

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:37 pm

Although you have volated the rules of the previous board ot which this is the successor board to, your violatiosn wher eminor, and restricted to condecending to others, and engaging in a discussion on false pretence, while insulting other posters intellegence and Charecter.

However, you violatiosn where not as signifigant a violation of board rules as to warrent any restrictions ony uor post. At leats, I woudl see it as such shoudl I run the board.

Metacrock is of course upset wiht you, due to your manner, and mean-spirited comments posted on other baords, notably Lady Valars.

This is understandable, but I woudl argue that, dispite your resorting to cheap personal attack in the threads, and yoyr tendancy to atteto to manipulate the reader into seeing other posters you dislike as somehow at fault, Your ovrall performance has nto been as disruptive to the baord as numerous others I coudl name, and I wudl argue that, in the interest of fairness, any sich restrictions be removed.

Not that I trust yor intentions, as you have shown them to be dubious at best, but I do think that restricting posters for minor violatiosn is excessive.

Just as I disagree iwht Deleting any thread.

Lockign threads that are problematic is a better solution, and restircions are useful only for htse who have shown seriosu violation but only on one segment or in certian discussions.

I woudl argue that you aren't the intellectual yo think you are, and althoguh yo love to use the word Empirisism to descibe how you think n terms of evidence, your arguments are largley emotional and reactive.

Thus the need to attack the Charecter and dignity of other posters, and the propensity to see them in a way that doens't nessisarily reflect their true Charecter.

This will not be remedied, however, by hinderign yor liberty to post, btu by prolonged discussion with you, in the hopes that you finally lay aside your bias in thinkign theology doens't rley on Logic and rleigious popel rely on beleif without evidence.

Of ocurse you mut shwo yourself willign to open up tp this posisbility, but hwo can you be if such oportunity is not presented?

That said, I woudl vote in favour of giving you full postign priledges.