Jesus myther stupidity!

Discuss either theological doctrines, ideas about God, or Biblical criticism. I don't want any debates about creation vs evolution.

Moderator:Metacrock

Forum rules
(1) be interesting (2) be nice.
Metacrock
Jesus myther stupidity!

Post by Metacrock » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:45 am

I was looking at a board just before packing up the machine. I saw this crap about Jesus didn't exist. now they are saying no one actaully believed in him in the frist century.

now they say Paul didn't exist.

what lunacy! so idiotic. when will the night mare end? HOw can you stop their vile persons ions?
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

KR Wordgazer

Re: Jesus myther stupidity!

Post by KR Wordgazer » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:21 pm

Heh.

I saw a plaque in a restaurant, to the general effect of:

Human intellect has limits. Unfortunately, human stupidity does not. :roll: :lol:
Wag more.
Bark less.

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:15 am

ACTUALLY the claim that Paul, and the resr of the Apoastles, didn't exist isn't new. I read the same thing in "The Christ Conspiracy", and Im sure Acharya S used Massey or Graves or somesuch to back her claims up...

Its just the usual drivel, Im afraid. Its easier ot mock Christians if you make then out to be stupid and you have the truth, and Christianity is obviusly all a lie if Jesus didnt exist so the idea is popular, and gives htem in their minds an air of academic superiority.

ChumpChange

Post by ChumpChange » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:36 pm

Has anyone seen this? It tries to prove Jesus never existed and that Christianity is a huge conspiracy. Paranoid much?

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/
"Behold, I have found only this, that God made men upright, but they have sought out many devices."

-Ecclesiastes 7:29

tinythinker

Post by tinythinker » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:28 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:Heh.

Human intellect has limits. Unfortunately, human stupidity does not. :roll: :lol:
It wasn't the old Einstein quote, was it - "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Adrift in the endless river

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:17 pm

tinythinker wrote:
KR Wordgazer wrote:Heh.

It wasn't the old Einstein quote, was it - "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Similar, I guess-- and I wouldn't be surprised if the little plaques I saw for sale were inspired by Einstein's words-- but they were different.
Wag more.
Bark less.

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:22 pm

Of course, the real culprit is not stupidity and its boundlessness.Stupidity is like Darkness, it does't exist, but describes rather a state of abscence.

Abscence of intellegence is like Abscence of light, itblinds those to the obvious.But their ar enone so blidn as those who refuse ot see, and when in terms of the Jesus Myth I still maintain that it is nothign more than somethign beelvied because peopel wantot beleive it to help them undermine the Christian faith.

tinythinker

Post by tinythinker » Wed May 07, 2008 9:54 am

It also begs the question of how people use the term "myth". In some circles it has simply become another word for "childish fairy tale" or "discredited history".
Adrift in the endless river

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun May 11, 2008 9:51 am

tinythinker wrote:It also begs the question of how people use the term "myth". In some circles it has simply become another word for "childish fairy tale" or "discredited history".

yes! excellent point.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Sun May 11, 2008 10:22 am

The same problem arises when they use Campbell.

Joseph Campbells "HEro with a thousand Faces" Decribes Jesus as a Myth, too, and expalins how this Myth manahged to coem abotu in the human midn as a definign tale in Humanity.

As a reult, the Jesus-Myther crowd assumes that Campbell is on their side and claimed Jesus never existed.

However, how Campbell used the term Myth and how his theiss restedon Archtyps actulaly dons't preclude the actual existance of Jeus, or even the reality of the miracles he perfprmed. Campbell used the term Myth in its true sence as a story used ot help explain thign sin our world.

Campbells definition fo Myth also allows Hitler to be a Myth as he has becoem th eembodiment in our minds of sheer evil.

But he was obviosuly a real person.

Nevertheless, as soon as the term "Myth" is used, it becomes "Nonexistant mad eup hiotry" to some who havent even rea dhis book.