forum rules

Discuss either theological doctrines, ideas about God, or Biblical criticism. I don't want any debates about creation vs evolution.

Moderator:Metacrock

Forum rules
(1) be interesting (2) be nice.
dumernmud
forum rules

Post by dumernmud » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:57 pm

I can be nice, but not at all sure I can be interesting.

If I prove uninteresting--but sufficiently nice--can I still post?

unred typo

Re: forum rules

Post by unred typo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:48 pm

LOl...I can be interesting, but not sure anyone will agree with that. :? I can be nice, but not sure anyone will agree with that either... :oops:
The truth will stand with you but man-made doctrines will melt away like cowards in the battle.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:51 pm

well you are already off to a bad start. I'm growing board with your joke. NO seriously, welcome to the boards. just start talking and say something smart, I'm sure it will be interesting. :mrgreen:
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:04 pm

Easier said than done. and the pressures on. Just when you thought it was safe to post on the weird, i mean, esoteric metaphysical board.... :ugeek: :? :ugeek:
The truth will stand with you but man-made doctrines will melt away like cowards in the battle.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:36 am

unred typo wrote:Easier said than done. and the pressures on. Just when you thought it was safe to post on the weird, i mean, esoteric metaphysical board.... :ugeek: :? :ugeek:

ahahah, are you a Christian. Atheist? UU? Eastern? Don't know?

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:23 am

Evolving from 3.5calvinist/fundie/ KJVONLY inerrantist/ evangelical/ proud2BBaptist/ fanatic to aging, sagging, aspirin popping, non-smoking flower child. Somewhere between Starbucks and Nescafe` instant. 8-) How bout you?

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:17 am

unred typo wrote:Evolving from 3.5calvinist/fundie/ KJVONLY inerrantist/ evangelical/ proud2BBaptist/ fanatic to aging, sagging, aspirin popping, non-smoking flower child. Somewhere between Starbucks and Nescafe` instant. 8-) How bout you?

ahahah I am a liberal Christian. I went a liberal seminary and loved it. It was the best time in my life. I was intent on being an academic. Academia was really my religion in a sense. Life worked out so that I can't continue my career. Now I'm tyring to find my real relationship with God rather than using God to seek tenure.

Raised in Chruch of Christ, then became atheist, then Charismatic (born-again) (tounges and thw hole bit) then sort of liberal methodist.

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:35 pm

woah. The WHOLE bit? Did you pick up snakes? Drink poison? What did you say in tongues? (enquiring minds want to know.) :mrgreen: <envious as your smilies get....not that it's all so important...