Theologcial Question: Atonement mechinism?

Discuss either theological doctrines, ideas about God, or Biblical criticism. I don't want any debates about creation vs evolution.

Moderator:Metacrock

Forum rules
(1) be interesting (2) be nice.
Metacrock
Re: Theologcial Question: Atonement mechinism?

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:09 am

another important point in my view on solidarity (participatory) is that it is the solidarity that creates the grounds for forgiveness. Forgiveness itself is through God's Grace, but the grounds upon which forgiveness is possible is the mutual act of solidarity; this is no different than saying "you have to repent to qualify for it." Repenting is not an act of merit through which we earn forgiveness but it puts us in a position to receive it.

Forgiveness, us admitting we need it, and God granting it is implied in the terms of solidarity.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Superfund

Post by Superfund » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Solidarity as a unity. I was just looking at the wiki on solidarity it has interesting comments on organic & mechanical forms. How would we look at it? a bit of both? I considered error or ("sin") is when we lose the ground a disconnection but grounding yourself cannot be mechanical or it would lose authenticity and uniqueness? Is that relevant? Not sure about that at all, you have any insight about that Joe?

btw i edited/ changed my last post a bit better I don't always express myself so good.

/peace

Edit; I think i was looking into solidarity incorrectly in a limited way as confining to a this or that kind of reasoning is a mistake.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:43 pm

Superfund wrote:Solidarity as a unity. I was just looking at the wiki on solidarity it has interesting comments on organic & mechanical forms. How would we look at it? a bit of both? I considered error or ("sin") is when we lose the ground a disconnection but grounding yourself cannot be mechanical or it would lose authenticity and uniqueness? Is that relevant? Not sure about that at all, you have any insight about that Joe?

btw i edited/ changed my last post a bit better I don't always express myself so good.

/peace

Edit; I think i was looking into solidarity incorrectly in a limited way as confining to a this or that kind of reasoning is a mistake.
I mean solidarity the way Moltmann uses it in connection with the participatory idea of atonement. Christ participates humanity and thus identifies with our fate, with our needs, our sins.

Superfund

Post by Superfund » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:22 am

Moltmann, alright. Always something to learn for me here haha!
btw I liked your last blog its very interesting 'nones,' I don't consider myself religious at all, with good reason. :mrgreen: Also the previous blog I don't mind Darrin Brown at all, I saw the a bit of his documentary regardless of the spin some atheist types may put on it he qualifies what he says and does throughout consistently and comes across as very tolerant. He certainly put paid to the likes of benny hinn and co abusing peoples trust which is faith and that's no bad thing.

Also, Thanks Joe this is a great site man. certainly not as populated as have theology will argue sadly but man check some of the atheist sites good grief. http://www.atheistfoundation.org.au/forums/ Same kind of stuff like why Richard Dawkins had to shut his website down. This shit is bizarre (not that some religious sites aren't bad but..) to say the least. One thread I looked some guy who didn't even say what he his world view was copped 2 pages of the most ugly hate/drivel I ever read on a board.

peace Joe

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:08 am

Superfund wrote:Moltmann, alright. Always something to learn for me here haha!
btw I liked your last blog its very interesting 'nones,' I don't consider myself religious at all, with good reason. :mrgreen: Also the previous blog I don't mind Darrin Brown at all, I saw the a bit of his documentary regardless of the spin some atheist types may put on it he qualifies what he says and does throughout consistently and comes across as very tolerant. He certainly put paid to the likes of benny hinn and co abusing peoples trust which is faith and that's no bad thing.

Also, Thanks Joe this is a great site man. certainly not as populated as have theology will argue sadly but man check some of the atheist sites good grief. http://www.atheistfoundation.org.au/forums/ Same kind of stuff like why Richard Dawkins had to shut his website down. This shit is bizarre (not that some religious sites aren't bad but..) to say the least. One thread I looked some guy who didn't even say what he his world view was copped 2 pages of the most ugly hate/drivel I ever read on a board.

peace Joe
It's a sad commentary on our world that a message board like this which has real friends having good times on both sides of the issue and getting along, dwindle down to four people and the boards that busting with use are juts crap.

I appreciate you taking part here. we need you, we need everyone to keep the place going. I considered taking it down.

thanks for reading my blog. Atheistwatch is so popular i can put bs on it and get 300 hits in one day. Metacrock's blog I have to work to stay over 100 in a day. sometimes inexplicably will shoot up to 200 and 300 for a time then it goes down again.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:38 pm

Welcome to the internet, where anonymity and stupidity meet and piss everyone off.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:36 pm

mdsimpson92 wrote:Welcome to the internet, where anonymity and stupidity meet and piss everyone off.
ahahahahaahahaahah :mrgreen:

Superfund

Post by Superfund » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:51 am

I did not realize before and have been checking out the narcissistic atheist "civil war" going on YouTube... indeed. I mean when it was newer we all talked together like on 'have theology will argue, 'great site, but now it seems people are to afraid to step outside their camp for fear of group ridicule. This new atheist plus thing http://atheismplus.com/forums/index.php part of this 'civil war' apparently they don't really want dialogue with theists at all. A thread asking were are all the theists etc by one poster it was made abundantly clear to him/her that theists are not welcome and that they don't want any dialogue at all. Sad. What's an atheist without theism? Got me there imho a redundancy that people seem to be blind to.