Shades of Grey - for met

Discuss either theological doctrines, ideas about God, or Biblical criticism. I don't want any debates about creation vs evolution.

Moderator:Metacrock

Forum rules
(1) be interesting (2) be nice.
sgttomas
Shades of Grey - for met

Post by sgttomas » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi met! :)

What's a "shades-of-grey" alternative to my God-game?

Peace,
-sgttomas
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

met

Re: Shades of Grey - for met

Post by met » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:31 pm

I think there might be lots. Anything from some kind of more immanent or panentheistic view of God to QT's suggestions about "Gaia" ?
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

sgttomas

Re: Shades of Grey - for met

Post by sgttomas » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:47 pm

Gaia, the scientific concept, is a way to identify the Earth as a super-organism. It is completely accounted for in the God-game. If instead you mean an intentional organism of great power, this too is accounted for as simply another type of thing. It can be fully realized in the God-game.

The significance of the God-game isn't it's exclusivity, it is the ability to rigorously discuss metaphysics in a self-consistent framework. By this, we avoid a lot of conflation and logical faults.

Don't forget that nonGod is a legitimate concept in the Gid-game and it is very comprehensive.

Peace,
-sgttomas
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")