the web of Jesus' historicity

Discuss either theological doctrines, ideas about God, or Biblical criticism. I don't want any debates about creation vs evolution.

Moderator:Metacrock

Forum rules
(1) be interesting (2) be nice.
Metacrock
Re: the web of Jesus' historicity

Post by Metacrock » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:53 am

The Pixie wrote:I am not saying Doherty and Carrier are right, I am saying that Metacrock is ignoring a significant Jesus myth hypothesis; one that would seem to be more likely than the one-big-hoax hypothesis.
no I;', not, i debated Carrier on sec web. I've studied Daugherty I dont' he's worth messing with,for that matter i debated Doherty once and was kicked off when the people running he board kicked me off because they didn;'t want Doherty to be shown up,

that was on a board put up by the publisher of a myther book by two guys called Frick and Ghandi who had a success for a bit in the publication of their book,long tie ago, maybe 2000 or 2001,
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

The Pixie

Post by The Pixie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:00 am

Yes, you clearly are. You stated:

The only way the Christ-Myth notion could work is if it were a hoax.

You have dismissed Doherty and Carrier's suggestion without a word to acknowledge it even exists.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:40 am

The Pixie wrote:Yes, you clearly are. You stated:

The only way the Christ-Myth notion could work is if it were a hoax.

You have dismissed Doherty and Carrier's suggestion without a word to acknowledge it even exists.
I've already answered them in the past,I have written about 12 paces on Carrier including his mythyer stuff, I have several pages om Doherty on y old website Doxa.

first 3 links here are Doherty:

http://www.doxa.ws/other/Mythological_Jesus.html

The Pixie

Post by The Pixie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:27 am

Whether you have addressed it in the past only tells us if this was a mistake or a lie.

You stated there was only one alternative - a hoax - and you know perfectly that that is not true.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:54 am

The Pixie wrote:Whether you have addressed it in the past only tells us if this was a mistake or a lie.

You stated there was only one alternative - a hoax - and you know perfectly that that is not true.
I did not say that was the only alternative but I was covering that base by arguing against it. That doesn't mean the other alternatives are reasonable either. Jesus existed, gt over it, The evidence is overwhelming, just get over it, That doesn't prove he was the son of God all that is still something you have decide about.

The thing is this argument is a positive argument for Jesus; existence, it doesn't have to take into account their arguments, they have no arguments that are positive, g they are all variations on argumnet from silence. This is not is not about what's wrong with myther arguments it's about what's right with Jesus' historicity,