Mainstream to Liberal Christianity too controversial for ads

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

KR Wordgazer

Re: Mainstream to Liberal Christianity too controversial for ads

Post by KR Wordgazer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:55 am

I don't know what I think about this. It's in my own home state. I think the station should certainly be allowed to air their views, but "kidnapped and held hostage" really is kind of inflammatory. If they had simply said, "misrepresented by the Christian Right," it might have gone over much better.

Part of what characterizes Oregon's way of doing things is that what I would call the "silent majority" of us walk peacefully down the middle-- and that includes not pushing the buttons of either side too hard.
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:02 pm

they are clearly afraid to anger the Christian right becuase they probalby get most of their ad money form them.

I bet they wouldn't do that with ads that didn't take on the right head on. If they had a UMC ad that said "we believe in helping people, come help us do that." who knows?

If one wishes to argue that the religious right has bollixed up the religious and political situation in America that they are undemocratic, unfair, up to no good, and scary you wont' get a counter argument out of me.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

met

Post by met » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:08 pm

. . . so, clearly the US xian right is afraid of straight talk. Their POV is so insane in every way conceivable, including Biblically, that they cower in terror of anyone rationally or scripturally questioning what they say.

yeah, it never changes.... and when they start taking it personal then u know they are wupped. :D
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:21 am

met wrote:. . . so, clearly the US xian right is afraid of straight talk. Their POV is so insane in every way conceivable, including Biblically, that they cower in terror of anyone rationally or scripturally questioning what they say.

yeah, it never changes.... and when they start taking it personal then u know they are wupped. :D
It's getting to be a pretty ugly mess. I still wonder if a straight line Methodist or Lutheran ad would be rejected.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief