Ooooo not pretty

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Ooooo not pretty

Post by Metacrock » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:41 am

spent morning arguing on CARM potiical board with tea party idiots. Not pretty.

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.p ... -smith-act

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.p ... ama!-!-!-!
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Re: Ooooo not pretty

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:07 pm

Firstly, this country club Republican (lean towards free market but pragmatic on pretty much anything else) is pretty ashamed of what his party has become over the last 13 years. I mean what the hell.

Secondly, why would you even bother talking with the tea-party people? Why would you even try?

Secondly, I actually think that Obama has done reasonably well on the Japanese and Libyan crisis. With Japan he was respectful and supportive but only asked the Japanese government what the US needed to do. And with Libya he has UN approval and it looks like the French and British will be leading the operation in a week.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:15 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:Firstly, this country club Republican (lean towards free market but pragmatic on pretty much anything else) is pretty ashamed of what his party has become over the last 13 years. I mean what the hell.

Secondly, why would you even bother talking with the tea-party people? Why would you even try?
I post on carm for the lurkers, the fence sitters, and those who are considering things. I don't have any illusions about converting atheists or right wingers.
Secondly, I actually think that Obama has done reasonably well on the Japanese and Libyan crisis. With Japan he was respectful and supportive but only asked the Japanese government what the US needed to do. And with Libya he has UN approval and it looks like the French and British will be leading the operation in a week.
I do too. someone I know was criticizing him for going to Brazil, but hell what should he storm the beach at Tripoli?

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:37 pm

No, and I appreciate the fact that he has explicitely said that we will not be storming Tripoli. Were definitely bombing it (well to be more accurate the airbases around it)but that is a lot easier to keep up than full on invasion. I remember talking with an international politics professors who recommended the use of extensive bombing (over the course of a week or so) to break Gaddafi's ability to function. Granted, this came a little late where a bombing two weeks ago would have finished him, now it may be harder. But It is better with international support. Also found out that Brazil is actually one of the military suppliers to Gadafi (along with Russia and China but that is no suprise).
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:39 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:No, and I appreciate the fact that he has explicitely said that we will not be storming Tripoli. Were definitely bombing it (well to be more accurate the airbases around it)but that is a lot easier to keep up than full on invasion. I remember talking with an international politics professors who recommended the use of extensive bombing (over the course of a week or so) to break Gaddafi's ability to function. Granted, this came a little late where a bombing two weeks ago would have finished him, now it may be harder. But It is better with international support. Also found out that Brazil is actually one of the military suppliers to Gadafi (along with Russia and China but that is no suprise).

yea I'm glad they are doing that. I think it's a good move. we have too many troops and also might anger Islamic people seeing us invading a another Muslim country.