something that makes me sick

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

KR Wordgazer
Re: something that makes me sick

Post by KR Wordgazer » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Um. . . I said in the primary. Right now I'm registered Republican and can't vote in the Democratic primary-- not that anyone's running against Obama there anyway. . .

I have every intention of voting for Obama in the general election. :D
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:26 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:Um. . . I said in the primary. Right now I'm registered Republican and can't vote in the Democratic primary-- not that anyone's running against Obama there anyway. . .

I have every intention of voting for Obama in the general election. :D

Yea! I am glad to hear that. I kind of figured. I can't you voting for Gingrich and I sure can't you voting for Perry! They really have no one of any consequence. Romney is just marginally satisfactory from a mainstream perspective. By mainstream I mean average intelligence.

Gingrich is Nixon smart. Meaning, he's very bright but it's all ideological and I can't help but feel he would be doing Watergate stuff all the time. Kaine is probalby smart for a business man but nuts and so totally unaware of government, society and politics he would screw everything up and probalby press by the red button by noon.

Perry is a total idiot. I wouldn't trust him to reset my clock for day light savings. OF course Bachman is in the same league with Perry as far as I can tell.

maybe some of those lesser known guys are ok. I don't really know but they wont make it.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Huntsman was the ambassador to China and is a moderate overall. Maybe that is why his numbers are so low.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:07 pm

Metacrock wrote:
Yea! I am glad to hear that. I kind of figured. I can't you voting for Gingrich and I sure can't you voting for Perry! They really have no one of any consequence. Romney is just marginally satisfactory from a mainstream perspective. By mainstream I mean average intelligence.

Gingrich is Nixon smart. Meaning, he's very bright but it's all ideological and I can't help but feel he would be doing Watergate stuff all the time. Kaine is probalby smart for a business man but nuts and so totally unaware of government, society and politics he would screw everything up and probalby press by the red button by noon.

Perry is a total idiot. I wouldn't trust him to reset my clock for day light savings. OF course Bachman is in the same league with Perry as far as I can tell.

maybe some of those lesser known guys are ok. I don't really know but they wont make it.
Perry and Bachmann are both ideologically-driven fundamentalists. Caine is a sexist misogynist who constantly reverses himself. Gingrich is a hypocrite who does the same things he faults the Dems for doing. And Romney-- how can I vote for someone whose private-sector experience is taking over other businesses, closing them and putting thousands of people out of work?

I think I'm going Independent.
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:44 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:
Metacrock wrote:

Perry and Bachmann are both ideologically-driven fundamentalists. Caine is a sexist misogynist who constantly reverses himself. Gingrich is a hypocrite who does the same things he faults the Dems for doing. And Romney-- how can I vote for someone whose private-sector experience is taking over other businesses, closing them and putting thousands of people out of work?

I think I'm going Independent.

vote for OBama! he has done well. He's done well considering the forces he had arrayed against him! Of course you knew I was going to say that. Just as I know it wont make any difference that i did. :mrgreen:

btw special committee gave up on finding cuts and that means across the board cuts automatically in all social programs. I know the bastards tie up the talks until this hapepned this is what Obama has been facing all along. if the other side is totally determined you will not have any chance they can frustrate everything you do. You would have to have a solid majority of like 90% and it would have to bee 100% dedicated to marching in lock step with you to keep the other party from screwing your program if they were as totally dedicated to destroying you at all cost as the republicans have been to destroying Obama.

It's partly because he's black I'm sure. It's probably more than that it's because they are full of hatred for anyone who they see as standing in the way of their riches.

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Well, yes, as I said-- I plan to vote for Obama in the general election. . .

I agree that the Republicans in Congress have become obstructionists, with a goal not of serving their constituents, but of ousting Obama no matter who gets hurt. Are they therefore any longer acting like Representatives? I don't think so.

I used to think that if I stayed in the party, I and other moderates could help balance out the extremists in our party. But the extremists have completely taken over. It doesn't seem to me any longer that there's anything I can do but leave the party entirely. :(
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:21 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:Well, yes, as I said-- I plan to vote for Obama in the general election. . .

I agree that the Republicans in Congress have become obstructionists, with a goal not of serving their constituents, but of ousting Obama no matter who gets hurt. Are they therefore any longer acting like Representatives? I don't think so.

I used to think that if I stayed in the party, I and other moderates could help balance out the extremists in our party. But the extremists have completely taken over. It doesn't seem to me any longer that there's anything I can do but leave the party entirely. :(

No to compre you to anyone. My best friend's father I knew since I was in first grade was the most conservative person I knew. He was a racist and everything. Somehow at the end of his life he came to see that he was a racist and repented and quite. He came to hate Bush, he became a democrat and never voted republican again.

Not that you are anything like he was. I guess the point I'm making is people change, situations change, the times move on. we have to move with them.

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:13 am

Yes, you're right, Metacrock. :D I have made up my mind to go ahead and re-register Independent. If the Republican party ever returns to sanity and the ideas it represented when I first joined it, maybe someday I'll go back.
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:53 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:Yes, you're right, Metacrock. :D I have made up my mind to go ahead and re-register Independent. If the Republican party ever returns to sanity and the ideas it represented when I first joined it, maybe someday I'll go back.
let's pray someone returns to sanity.If the world ever does.