Shift in China's Economic policy

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator: Metacrock

User avatar
mdsimpson92
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm
Location: Tianjin, China

Shift in China's Economic policy

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:13 pm

This is a little premature, but it seems that the Chinese Government is trying to become less dependent on exports. Vice President JinXing Ping seems to be implying that China may start to revalue its currency more toward what it actually is. This would be in order to improve the people's purchasing power and boost consumerism. Furthermore, China has reduced its projected GDP growth to 7.5%. I believe that their growth will still be slightly higher than 8%, but it seems that they are going for a soft landing.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Shift in China's Economic policy

Post by Metacrock » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:56 pm

mdsimpson92 wrote:This is a little premature, but it seems that the Chinese Government is trying to become less dependent on exports. Vice President JinXing Ping seems to be implying that China may start to revalue its currency more toward what it actually is. This would be in order to improve the people's purchasing power and boost consumerism. Furthermore, China has reduced its projected GDP growth to 7.5%. I believe that their growth will still be slightly higher than 8%, but it seems that they are going for a soft landing.
We are in trouble. We are going to be 3d world and they will be the world empire. That just goes to show these ignorant, greedy bankers that run America.

as I starve to death I'll be saying "ahahah, commies beat you at your own game!"
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
mdsimpson92
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm
Location: Tianjin, China

Re: Shift in China's Economic policy

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:48 pm

Metacrock wrote:We are in trouble. We are going to be 3d world and they will be the world empire. That just goes to show these ignorant, greedy bankers that run America.
Funny, one of my Chinese friends says the same thing about his government 天高帝远. Don't be so pessimistic. Seriously.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Shift in China's Economic policy

Post by Metacrock » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:16 pm

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:We are in trouble. We are going to be 3d world and they will be the world empire. That just goes to show these ignorant, greedy bankers that run America.
Funny, one of my Chinese friends says the same thing about his government 天高帝远. Don't be so pessimistic. Seriously.
I think you are not facing reality. there's a difference in being pessimistic and realistic. check out Bill Moyers on PBS. I recnelty did a blog thing on that. look that up. He used all conservatives and banck guys, such as David Stockman.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
mdsimpson92
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm
Location: Tianjin, China

Re: Shift in China's Economic policy

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Metacrock wrote:I think you are not facing reality. there's a difference in being pessimistic and realistic. check out Bill Moyers on PBS. I recnelty did a blog thing on that. look that up. He used all conservatives and banck guys, such as David Stockman.
Just read the blog. I remember the ratio of growth between rich and poor to be roughly 4 time. But maybe that was the top 10%. Also, China has that issue in spades with local government officials, and yet they are doing fine, though a lot of medium term problems are coming up either now or really soon. Aging population, skewed sex ratios, rich and poor gap, mass labor protests, and a general slowing of the economy (though the last one is partially planned by the Chinese government.).

That being said, I agree on your blog that Ayn Rand is partially to blame. I did here that they will be cutting a number of loopholes in the tax code (I don't remember where) for corporations.

Then again maybe I'm biased being from a family that probably belongs in the top 3%
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Shift in China's Economic policy

Post by Metacrock » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:50 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:I think you are not facing reality. there's a difference in being pessimistic and realistic. check out Bill Moyers on PBS. I recnelty did a blog thing on that. look that up. He used all conservatives and banck guys, such as David Stockman.
Just read the blog. I remember the ratio of growth between rich and poor to be roughly 4 time. But maybe that was the top 10%. Also, China has that issue in spades with local government officials, and yet they are doing fine, though a lot of medium term problems are coming up either now or really soon. Aging population, skewed sex ratios, rich and poor gap, mass labor protests, and a general slowing of the economy (though the last one is partially planned by the Chinese government.).

That being said, I agree on your blog that Ayn Rand is partially to blame. I did here that they will be cutting a number of loopholes in the tax code (I don't remember where) for corporations.

Then again maybe I'm biased being from a family that probably belongs in the top 3%
the repeal of Glass Stegal and iti's replacement by this huge unphathemable tomb chock full of loopholes is indicative of the whole drift since the alleged near failure and bial out of the banks. Then the banks, which we bailed out, turn around and dictate to us through contorting credit what our policies should be. when they say "you haven't done enough to regain in spending so your credit goes down' that's them running the country.

Look at the thousands of houses they fraudulently stole and created paper work to cover it (60 minutes) and no one has done anythings bout it. There was a suit by some sates atternys general they just disbanded one set of companies and formed new ones. The banks that took the assets are better than ever.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
mdsimpson92
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm
Location: Tianjin, China

Re: Shift in China's Economic policy

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Heading back on topic. China may well be trying to export their state capitalism to Africa. Some people believe that China wishes to use itself as a model to help develop state capitalist countries where economics is heavily controlled by the state. This is largely due to the no strings attached funds given to the government rather than companies and ngo organizations (not that they don't support them either.).

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/01/28/ ... consensus/
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Shift in China's Economic policy

Post by Metacrock » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:07 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:Heading back on topic. China may well be trying to export their state capitalism to Africa. Some people believe that China wishes to use itself as a model to help develop state capitalist countries where economics is heavily controlled by the state. This is largely due to the no strings attached funds given to the government rather than companies and ngo organizations (not that they don't support them either.).

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/01/28/ ... consensus/
I'm more concerned about their use of world resources. I know what did to fuck it up. Another economic power of our stature will just about finish the world off. Do they show any sings of understanding that, or caring?
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
mdsimpson92
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm
Location: Tianjin, China

Re: Shift in China's Economic policy

Post by mdsimpson92 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:32 am

Yes and no. ON the one hand, they want growth to improve living standards and improve legitimacy, on the other hand they spend more on green energy than anyone else.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Shift in China's Economic policy

Post by Metacrock » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:56 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:Yes and no. ON the one hand, they want growth to improve living standards and improve legitimacy, on the other hand they spend more on green energy than anyone else.

they have more exploiters of the environment too. Potentially so. but hey who are we to talk?
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Post Reply