True Progressivism

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

mdsimpson92
True Progressivism

Post by mdsimpson92 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:02 am

Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Re: True Progressivism

Post by Metacrock » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:16 pm

mdsimpson92 wrote:http://www.economist.com/node/21564556

Food for thought.

that's a good idea but not sure how it can be carried without radical surgery.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:27 pm

There's a reason they call themselves the radical center.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:19 am

Back in the olden days (the 70s) we had lots of studied in debate about invent is not detoured by closing capital gains. Why do rich guys do with tax breaks? Romney wants us to think they run right and create emptily by starting small businesses and hiring deserving people. Reagan tax breaks were spent on non labor intensive investments in oil. The whole steel industry failed to re-tool and brought on the rust belt by this method.

Fighting inequality is not bad for the economy. It's really just a question of who wants to get rich or richer. Those who have the money define as "wrecking the economy" any move that redistributes the wealth so that they don't get as gig chunk as they used to.

They don't measure a wrecked economy by kids getting fed, they measure it by their own personal power. They get more powerful? Yes, ok so the economy is good.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:12 am

Metacrock wrote:Back in the olden days (the 70s) we had lots of studied in debate about invent is not detoured by closing capital gains. Why do rich guys do with tax breaks? Romney wants us to think they run right and create emptily by starting small businesses and hiring deserving people. Reagan tax breaks were spent on non labor intensive investments in oil. The whole steel industry failed to re-tool and brought on the rust belt by this method.

Fighting inequality is not bad for the economy. It's really just a question of who wants to get rich or richer. Those who have the money define as "wrecking the economy" any move that redistributes the wealth so that they don't get as gig chunk as they used to.

They don't measure a wrecked economy by kids getting fed, they measure it by their own personal power. They get more powerful? Yes, ok so the economy is good.
Have you heard of the new fracking industry growing in the US?

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:47 pm

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:Back in the olden days (the 70s) we had lots of studied in debate about invent is not detoured by closing capital gains. Why do rich guys do with tax breaks? Romney wants us to think they run right and create emptily by starting small businesses and hiring deserving people. Reagan tax breaks were spent on non labor intensive investments in oil. The whole steel industry failed to re-tool and brought on the rust belt by this method.

Have you heard of the new fracking industry growing in the US?
well there's soemthing called "fracking" that has to do with drilling for natural gas. is that it?

if you are going to say that certain industry were born of tax incentives that does not follow that closing certain tax incentives will mean they stop investing. They will invest in other things. WE can control what those things are by opening up other opportunities. But we can reduce the amount by taxing them more.

they are not going to stop investing. they still want to get richer they still want money they will find other investments. Besides we don't have to close capital gains to tax the rich.I'm sure there are other ways to do it.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Metacrock wrote: well there's soemthing called "fracking" that has to do with drilling for natural gas. is that it?

if you are going to say that certain industry were born of tax incentives that does not follow that closing certain tax incentives will mean they stop investing. They will invest in other things. WE can control what those things are by opening up other opportunities. But we can reduce the amount by taxing them more.

they are not going to stop investing. they still want to get richer they still want money they will find other investments. Besides we don't have to close capital gains to tax the rich.I'm sure there are other ways to do it.
Nah, well ok maybe a little given the deductions many of those groups get. But in general they would just raise prices as a result, and nobody wants that. What I have heard is that the fraking process will actually make the US the number 1 producer of natural gas in the world, as well as a net producer. Weird.

I did hear that Boehner has caved and is willing to accept more taxes on the rich, though preferably through cutting loopholes and removing deductions. Another GOP senator has turned as well, approving of a higher tax rate. Republicans are splitting. Sanity might be returning to my party.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Metacrock wrote: well there's soemthing called "fracking" that has to do with drilling for natural gas. is that it?

Nah, well ok maybe a little given the deductions many of those groups get. But in general they would just raise prices as a result, and nobody wants that. What I have heard is that the fraking process will actually make the US the number 1 producer of natural gas in the world, as well as a net producer. Weird.

I did hear that Boehner has caved and is willing to accept more taxes on the rich, though preferably through cutting loopholes and removing deductions. Another GOP senator has turned as well, approving of a higher tax rate. Republicans are splitting. Sanity might be returning to my party.