gun control and first daughters

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
gun control and first daughters

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:53 pm

NRA says well obma's kids are guarded by armed men, why not ours. Are they going to put trained secret service agents in all the schools? Or old farts who are trigger happy?
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Magritte

Re: gun control and first daughters

Post by Magritte » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:20 pm

One of the hallmarks of freedom is that when you recognize someone is being intellectually dishonest or arguing with you in bad faith, you have the option to walk away without being punished, imprisoned or tortured.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:12 pm

this country is nuts over guns. Texas is really the worst. that idiot Rick Perry the way he lit into the President for just trying to beef up checks already in place you would think he had proposed castrating the first born male of every family born next year. I think Perry and people like him really do connect their guns to their balls. they also think of their guns as a link with God.

Magritte

Post by Magritte » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:07 pm

The hell of it is, any attempt to impose slight and mild restrictions inflames the people who think George Soros wants to send his Illuminati UN One World Gay Negro Stormtroopers to Confiscate All Guns Forever.

I believe you're right about the gun-manhood connection. For some people it's the same thing with trucks. Imagine the castrated screeching if Obama also imposed restrictions on monster trucks. Fortunately no one's flattened an elementary school with Bigfoot yet so it hasn't come to that.
One of the hallmarks of freedom is that when you recognize someone is being intellectually dishonest or arguing with you in bad faith, you have the option to walk away without being punished, imprisoned or tortured.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:19 pm

Magritte wrote:The hell of it is, any attempt to impose slight and mild restrictions inflames the people who think George Soros wants to send his Illuminati UN One World Gay Negro Stormtroopers to Confiscate All Guns Forever.

I believe you're right about the gun-manhood connection. For some people it's the same thing with trucks. Imagine the castrated screeching if Obama also imposed restrictions on monster trucks. Fortunately no one's flattened an elementary school with Bigfoot yet so it hasn't come to that.
the connection to guns is more stupid becuase it's the bullets that make you a man! come we all know the truth! like sperm.:mrgreen:

you are right they are totally intolerant. any kind of control at all however mild and ineffectual is just the same as going door to door demanding all forms of weaponry.