2nd inauguration

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
2nd inauguration

Post by Metacrock » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:38 pm

I thought it was a great speech. I really liked he poem read by that Blanco guy. I am reminded of what is probably JFK's most enduring legacy, his inauguration and the Roman Civic virtue of his rhetoric.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Re: 2nd inauguration

Post by mdsimpson92 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:06 pm

I was there, very well executed.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:37 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:I was there, very well executed.
wow! you are everywhere. how do you do that?

You know I don't have agoraphobia. I don't get scared in crowds. But when I see stuff like that on tv, and there aren't many things like that, I think the last one was the last Inaugural. Also old images of the crowd at Woodstock have this effect on me, I feel clostraphogic (Or maybe agorahponic). I feel trapped, I imagine it would be hard to breather and that I would go nuts if I was there.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Metacrock wrote:

You know I don't have agoraphobia. I don't get scared in crowds. But when I see stuff like that on tv, and there aren't many things like that, I think the last one was the last Inaugural. Also old images of the crowd at Woodstock have this effect on me, I feel clostraphogic (Or maybe agorahponic). I feel trapped, I imagine it would be hard to breather and that I would go nuts if I was there.
Huh, anyways I'm back in Kansas now and will be heading back to China in about 3 days. Helps to have a sister that knows people in the Obama campaign and the defense department. Her birthday was on the 15th, and considering I missed her for Christmas (damn Chinese finals) I felt obligated to visit......2 bird, one stone.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:09 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:

Huh, anyways I'm back in Kansas now and will be heading back to China in about 3 days. Helps to have a sister that knows people in the Obama campaign and the defense department. Her birthday was on the 15th, and considering I missed her for Christmas (damn Chinese finals) I felt obligated to visit......2 bird, one stone.

Just remember to recommend my books when you are in the Senate.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:47 am

Ha! You mean Chinese Politburo when they come for their money. :mrgreen: (but seriously they are starting to have some serious problems coming in the next decade, I'm not sure they're up to it.)

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:45 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:Ha! You mean Chinese Politburo when they come for their money. :mrgreen: (but seriously they are starting to have some serious problems coming in the next decade, I'm not sure they're up to it.)
We are going to have major problems with N. Korea. We are going to have to have China's help in reigning them in .

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Well, I'm back in Tianjin again. We'll see what China is looking for.