a woman dies at six flags over Texas

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator: Metacrock

Post Reply
User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

a woman dies at six flags over Texas

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:07 am

She fell off the world's largest roller coaster. This was because the restraint wasn't fixed good enough. I think it is designed such that the coaster doesn't go if the restraints are right. So why did this circumvent that safety feature?

I don't expect anyone here to answer that. What reflections does it give you on life?
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
mdsimpson92
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm
Location: Tianjin, China

Re: a woman dies at six flags over Texas

Post by mdsimpson92 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Metacrock wrote:She fell off the world's largest roller coaster. This was because the restraint wasn't fixed good enough. I think it is designed such that the coaster doesn't go if the restraints are right. So why did this circumvent that safety feature?

I don't expect anyone here to answer that. What reflections does it give you on life?

Well, ......Sh*t happens.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: a woman dies at six flags over Texas

Post by Metacrock » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:18 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:She fell off the world's largest roller coaster. This was because the restraint wasn't fixed good enough. I think it is designed such that the coaster doesn't go if the restraints are right. So why did this circumvent that safety feature?

I don't expect anyone here to answer that. What reflections does it give you on life?

Well, ......Sh*t happens.
your compassion is overwhelming. I don't know what I expected when I put that up. I was just trying to start some kind talk.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
KR Wordgazer
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: a woman dies at six flags over Texas

Post by KR Wordgazer » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:02 pm

The really awful part is that she told an attendant that she didn't think her restraint was properly fastened, and he said that if she heard a click, not to worry about it. He could easily have come over and checked it himself, but he didn't.

I have a feeling they will take passengers more seriously from here on out.
Wag more.
Bark less.

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: a woman dies at six flags over Texas

Post by Metacrock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:14 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:The really awful part is that she told an attendant that she didn't think her restraint was properly fastened, and he said that if she heard a click, not to worry about it. He could easily have come over and checked it himself, but he didn't.

I have a feeling they will take passengers more seriously from here on out.
I heard that. they got sloppy about running the place. that implies human error. Isn't that always the way? :mrgreen:
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Post Reply