No thread on the #GOPshutdown?

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator: Metacrock

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: No thread on the #GOPshutdown?

Post by Metacrock » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:23 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:Well, it has gotten passed in the Senate...Now for the House.
I think it all passed. but Cruz made me sick. I left a message on the other Texas Senator's machine Cruz machine was full. I bet they weren't all flattering either.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
Magritte
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:36 am

Re: No thread on the #GOPshutdown?

Post by Magritte » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:48 am

GOP Rep Looks To Next Showdown: 'We’re Going To Start This All Over Again'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/g ... over-again

The Kenyan Muslim Socialist cannot be allowed to have any success in office, even if his "failure" comes at the expense of America and the global economy.
One of the hallmarks of freedom is that when you recognize someone is being intellectually dishonest or arguing with you in bad faith, you have the option to walk away without being punished, imprisoned or tortured.

User avatar
Magritte
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:36 am

Re: No thread on the #GOPshutdown?

Post by Magritte » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:00 am

I just read that 144 Republicans voted for default, versus 85 who voted in favor of the senate bill.

144 Republicans voted at the eleventh hour to deliberately torch the US and the global economy. People need to keep this in mind in 2014.
One of the hallmarks of freedom is that when you recognize someone is being intellectually dishonest or arguing with you in bad faith, you have the option to walk away without being punished, imprisoned or tortured.

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: No thread on the #GOPshutdown?

Post by Metacrock » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:33 am

Magritte wrote:I just read that 144 Republicans voted for default, versus 85 who voted in favor of the senate bill.

144 Republicans voted at the eleventh hour to deliberately torch the US and the global economy. People need to keep this in mind in 2014.
that made me so angry to hear that idiot Cruz talking about standing with the American people. the only people he's standing with are rich people.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
mdsimpson92
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm
Location: Tianjin, China

Re: No thread on the #GOPshutdown?

Post by mdsimpson92 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Metacrock wrote:
Magritte wrote:I just read that 144 Republicans voted for default, versus 85 who voted in favor of the senate bill.

144 Republicans voted at the eleventh hour to deliberately torch the US and the global economy. People need to keep this in mind in 2014.
that made me so angry to hear that idiot Cruz talking about standing with the American people. the only people he's standing with are rich people.

Hey, don't group me with that nutjob! :mrgreen:

Also, I think most rich people view him as insane all things considered. The CEOs and bankers were scared to hell by his lowbrow populism.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: No thread on the #GOPshutdown?

Post by Metacrock » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:12 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:
Magritte wrote:I just read that 144 Republicans voted for default, versus 85 who voted in favor of the senate bill.

144 Republicans voted at the eleventh hour to deliberately torch the US and the global economy. People need to keep this in mind in 2014.
that made me so angry to hear that idiot Cruz talking about standing with the American people. the only people he's standing with are rich people.

Hey, don't group me with that nutjob! :mrgreen:

Also, I think most rich people view him as insane all things considered. The CEOs and bankers were scared to hell by his lowbrow populism.

sorry. I don't think of you as "the rich guy." I think of you first and foremost as a thinker not a rich kid. Anyway, I'll expect you to buy ten copies of my book when it's out! :mrgreen:

I don't lump you in with the Cruz type I'm sure the more rational conservative types are afraid of this nut job type. That guy was was read to filibusterer, I know he was. He was going to try to hold up the raising of the debt ceiling at the last minute. He's insane.

When I was in the Central America movement our group was fought over by two factions one with eh CPUSA the other with the Fourth International (Trotskites). Each one was scared to death the other was going to play something they called "rule or ruin." Meaning wreck the group if you can't in charge so one can be in charge. This is apparently something commies do all the time.

It looks like it's something the right wing nut jobs do as well.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Post Reply