Here's a tame, non controversial topic...

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

Magritte
Here's a tame, non controversial topic...

Post by Magritte » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:31 am

Israel's New Racism: The Persecution of African Migrants in the Holy Land

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPxv4Aff3IA
One of the hallmarks of freedom is that when you recognize someone is being intellectually dishonest or arguing with you in bad faith, you have the option to walk away without being punished, imprisoned or tortured.

mdsimpson92

Re: Here's a tame, non controversial topic...

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:02 pm

Strangely, while I did not know about this, I am not actually that surprised. That is one of the reasons the Isrealis are hesitant to absorb the rest of Palestine, because that would lead to an Arab majority. This emphasis on a nations "identity" can be found in most nations, but the emphasis on a race or creed or ideology being essential to a nation (which can be true in some cases historically) will lead to these problems.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Magritte

Post by Magritte » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:04 pm

It makes me lose my faith in humanity to hear people whose grandparents died in the holocaust, people who were probably ferried to prison camps in Europe to see history close up, talking about another people as a cancer on the body of their nation and endorsing concentration camps. Those who cannot remember the something something whatever.
One of the hallmarks of freedom is that when you recognize someone is being intellectually dishonest or arguing with you in bad faith, you have the option to walk away without being punished, imprisoned or tortured.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:41 am

Magritte wrote:It makes me lose my faith in humanity to hear people whose grandparents died in the holocaust, people who were probably ferried to prison camps in Europe to see history close up, talking about another people as a cancer on the body of their nation and endorsing concentration camps. Those who cannot remember the something something whatever.
I've heard about it for years now. The European Jews persecute the African Jews and those not from European, middle eastern. even Palestinian Jews are discriminated against.

You got your Ashkenazi Jews, also known as Ashkenazic Jews or simply Ashkenazim (אַשְׁכְּנַזִּים, Ashkenazi Hebrew pronunciation: , singular: , Modern Hebrew: , ; also '''', "The Jews of Germania"), are a Jewish ethnic division who trace their origins to the indigenous tribes of early Israel. ...you got your (sephardic jew) Sephardi: a Jew who is of Spanish or Portuguese or North African descent, you got your
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:45 am

there are types of Jews that do not accept the Talmud. they are very small, one is called Karities. They were actually kicked out of Judaism. becuase the Pharisees became the Talmudist they want to be the only ones.

There are other non Talmudic groups form Arabic countries. they get discriminated against. Most of Karites wound up in Russia but there is evidence that they descend form the Heterodox Jews of Jesus' day, eve perhaps those at Qumran.

Magritte

Post by Magritte » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:00 am

I once dated an Ashkenazi Jewish girl. She had served in the Israeli military. Very patriotic. She used to get upset when I called her a sleeper Mossad agent (probably because she was - who knows! ;) ). Anyhow she had a lot of unkind things to say about Sephardic Jews. Some real racist shit - she considered them barely a step above Arab Muslims.

Anyhow this video doesn't specify what faith the Africans in question hold. Probably not Islam - I'd expect the extremists they filmed would have had plenty to say about it if that were the case.

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:30 pm

I wrote a blog post once on the book Blood Brothers - about how Palestinian Christians have been persecuted by Jews returning to Israel. It's sad. Father Elias Chacour has a ministry of peace and reconciliation:

http://krwordgazer.blogspot.com/2012/01 ... rs-by.html
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:04 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:I wrote a blog post once on the book Blood Brothers - about how Palestinian Christians have been persecuted by Jews returning to Israel. It's sad. Father Elias Chacour has a ministry of peace and reconciliation:

http://krwordgazer.blogspot.com/2012/01 ... rs-by.html
that's a cool topic Kristen. A lot of the staunchly pr Israel fundies don't get that they actually prosecuting the decedents of the first Christians. I met a guy once who was a waiter ina Denny's. He was from Palestine and the occupied territories. He was a Christian and he said he was descended from the first Christians. He has stores of Israelis wiping their villages in 48. Making them live in camps for decades and not allowing them to have jobs and stuff. they also tried to erase the memory of the villages and the evidence that they existed.