Yeah to moderately competent heads of state

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator: Metacrock

Post Reply
User avatar
mdsimpson92
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm
Location: Tianjin, China

Yeah to moderately competent heads of state

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:32 pm

http://cn.nytimes.com/china/20131121/c21party/en-us/

In China. He's getting rid of the labor camps and is turning the one child policy into a two child policy (over time). He also hoping to increase the power of the markets (though that one is kind of vague.)
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Yeah to moderately competent heads of state

Post by Metacrock » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:44 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:http://cn.nytimes.com/china/20131121/c21party/en-us/

In China. He's getting rid of the labor camps and is turning the one child policy into a two child policy (over time). He also hoping to increase the power of the markets (though that one is kind of vague.)
We'll see how long he lasts. I saw a thing on that On PBS he's not really getting rid of all labor camps. It's some limited thing.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
mdsimpson92
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm
Location: Tianjin, China

Re: Yeah to moderately competent heads of state

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:18 pm

Metacrock wrote:
mdsimpson92 wrote:http://cn.nytimes.com/china/20131121/c21party/en-us/

In China. He's getting rid of the labor camps and is turning the one child policy into a two child policy (over time). He also hoping to increase the power of the markets (though that one is kind of vague.)
We'll see how long he lasts. I saw a thing on that On PBS he's not really getting rid of all labor camps. It's some limited thing.
When did you see that? Because that was an issue more than six months ago when he didn't have the political capital. The President's father was put in one of those camps, so he takes it very personally.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Yeah to moderately competent heads of state

Post by Metacrock » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:04 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:
mdsimpson92 wrote:http://cn.nytimes.com/china/20131121/c21party/en-us/

In China. He's getting rid of the labor camps and is turning the one child policy into a two child policy (over time). He also hoping to increase the power of the markets (though that one is kind of vague.)
We'll see how long he lasts. I saw a thing on that On PBS he's not really getting rid of all labor camps. It's some limited thing.
When did you see that? Because that was an issue more than six months ago when he didn't have the political capital. The President's father was put in one of those camps, so he takes it very personally.
Hey I'm sure I don't know that situation anything like you do. So whatever I say about it is probably inaccruate.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
mdsimpson92
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm
Location: Tianjin, China

Re: Yeah to moderately competent heads of state

Post by mdsimpson92 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:38 pm

And the lack of a proper legal system just leads for more disappointment...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/ ... CQ20131202
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Yeah to moderately competent heads of state

Post by Metacrock » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:10 pm

mdsimpson92 wrote:And the lack of a proper legal system just leads for more disappointment...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/ ... CQ20131202
that's the thing, democracy has to have the basics in place to work. now remember this on the civics test my boy. sorry, couldn't resist. :mrgreen:
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Post Reply