Global warming update

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Global warming update

Post by Metacrock » Mon May 12, 2014 7:10 am

Three new studies just out on Global warming: all posted on Metacrcok's Blog this morning.

*The first is a study that shows the effects of global warming are already being felt in rising sea levels and stronger storms.

*The second is the NCA report that is released every year, same conclusions

*third is a new methodology that isolates the 90 companies responsible for 2/3 of fossil fuel pollution, thus 2/3 of man's hand in climate change.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

sgttomas

Re: Global warming update

Post by sgttomas » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:23 pm

Metacrock wrote:Three new studies just out on Global warming: all posted on Metacrcok's Blog this morning.

*The first is a study that shows the effects of global warming are already being felt in rising sea levels and stronger storms.

*third is a new methodology that isolates the 90 companies responsible for 2/3 of fossil fuel pollution, thus 2/3 of man's hand in climate change.
The only thing missing is a procedure to quantify the amount of impact that pollution has versus background effects.
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

QuantumTroll

Post by QuantumTroll » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:55 am

sgttomas wrote:
Metacrock wrote:Three new studies just out on Global warming: all posted on Metacrcok's Blog this morning.

The only thing missing is a procedure to quantify the amount of impact that pollution has versus background effects.
What do you mean, Sgttomas? Surely you're aware of this image? Or is it that you want Metacrock to add it to his post? If you're interested, I could pull up some articles quantifying the impact of the trend in solar irradiance, which is the only known natural global forcing.

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Heh....I'm mostly just trolling.

There's a really interesting technical discussion behind this, but I just dropped 2.5 years worth of ideas in the other forums so I'm not going to try and overdo things ;)

-sgtt
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:54 am

sgttomas wrote:Heh....I'm mostly just trolling.

There's a really interesting technical discussion behind this, but I just dropped 2.5 years worth of ideas in the other forums so I'm not going to try and overdo things ;)

-sgtt
aaahahaah unfortunately I just don't have time to become a scholar of global warming. I should be.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Michael Hill

Post by Michael Hill » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:59 am

16 or 17 years ago I visited the San Blas islands off of the coast of Panama and they were so low that you got the idea that even a wave a foot high would go down the main street. If there is any sea rise, they will let us know first.