IQ does not measiure intelligence

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator: Metacrock

IQ does not measiure intelligence

Postby Metacrock on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:53 am

Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief
Metacrock

Re: IQ does not measiure intelligence

Postby The Pixie on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Interesting article. I have never had an IQ test; I get the impression they are thought to be pretty important in the US?
The Pixie

Postby Metacrock on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:26 am

The Pixie wrote:Interesting article. I have never had an IQ test; I get the impression they are thought to be pretty important in the US?

yes. they really govern your life in way,They have always used them as criterion for who get;s to be slaughtered in war, lowest IQ get's to lead the charge, highest is put in intelligence.
Metacrock

Postby rvhill on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:24 pm

growing up I use to have an IQ test every year. one year, I scored two or three points higher, then Einstein on a test. My score was 165 on, I believe the test was test Orange. The one he got 200 on I Got only 189. also on any none standardize IQ test that score 155 or more is believe to none measurable.
rvhill

Postby Metacrock on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:12 am

rvhill wrote:growing up I use to have an IQ test every year. one year, I scored two or three points higher, then Einstein on a test. My score was 165 on, I believe the test was test Orange. The one he got 200 on I Got only 189. also on any none standardize IQ test that score 155 or more is believe to none measurable.

ok there's the proof, not measuring intelligence,-- kidding! :mrgreen: :D :!:
Metacrock

Postby Jim B. on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:46 pm

I never put much stock in them. It always struck me as the height of reductionism to think that we can boil something as complex and as difficult to define as intelligence down to a single number. I bet in most cases the people who score high numbers happen to be adept at that type of cultural literacy.
Jim B.

Postby Metacrock on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:22 am

Jim B. wrote:

I never put much stock in them. It always struck me as the height of reductionism to think that we can boil something as complex and as difficult to define as intelligence down to a single number. I bet in most cases the people who score high numbers happen to be adept at that type of cultural literacy.

yes i thin tjatis os true, we shoudl really make sure wedon't do that, a;dsjkn;p dklsfr;llkerwusm cjo['df;wiert, :mrgreen:

Kidding. Good point.That is exactly how I feel about it; linking to reductionist, very true.
Metacrock

Return to Adventure of Faith (Religion/Spirituality)