I am about to call it quites

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
I am about to call it quites

Post by Metacrock » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:20 pm

my readership quit me. I don't know what to do to get it back.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

KR Wordgazer

Re: I am about to call it quites

Post by KR Wordgazer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:27 am

I posted some feedback. :D Don't give up.
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:24 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:I posted some feedback. :D Don't give up.

I appreciate your comments.

met

Post by met » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:35 pm

maybe u need a new thang.... but then again, doing a new thing sometimes makes our readership quit on us. :(

hang in, Meta.
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

tinythinker

Post by tinythinker » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:13 pm

I don't think it wants to be called quites. Maybe you could call it Marvin? :D
Adrift in the endless river

met

Post by met » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:38 pm

tinythinker wrote:I don't think it wants to be called quites. Maybe you could call it Marvin? :D
TT, you're always so profound! :lol:
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:55 pm

met wrote:maybe u need a new thang.... but then again, doing a new thing sometimes makes our readership quit on us. :(

hang in, Meta.

I know these things go in cycles. A certain segment is interested in what I'm doing for the moment and I keep doing it and they lose interest for one reason or another and move on. The long term people get tried the same things. Like Mike said "I'm not into God arrangements right now."

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:56 pm

tinythinker wrote:I don't think it wants to be called quites. Maybe you could call it Marvin? :D
LOL :mrgreen:
Tiny comedian.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:03 pm

There are several frustrations driving this. I wanted to keep my hit rate up until the book comes out so I can use it to advertise the book. The process is so slow it just keeps dragging on I can't keep interested. I can't keep myself stretching all the time to do three four blogs things a day. I have Atheistwatch, not enough shovels (which is all but abandoned), Metacrock's Blog, then I have to treat the Religious a prori like a blog and post several times a week to build traffic because it a blog really.

So with all that I'm just tired. then I'm rusted because I can't find a venue for Doxa, it's essentially been stolen form me. I can't work in it. I can't change it or upgrade it becasue the host put on some stupid editor that I can't work in. He wont teach me how to really do it. They have ruined web hosting so there's no alternative.

then the atheists are so stupid (not offense Fleet, sorry smart atheist) On CARM i mean. that discourages me I keep thinking "who will read it? no one cares." I get stuff from people all the time saying "your stuff is great keep going" but then...atheists send hate comments saying blah blah blah all the stuff they say.

I feel like who cares? The world is full of idiots no one is listening who gives a damn.

I know you guys are great, you are my friends, you are smart, you care. You are also the chorus. You are the not the people I have to convince. Notice the only smart atheist left on here is Fleet. Even Quantum Troll decided to do real life and left us. not that i mean to take you for granted.

Emuse got pissed and jumped ship, but I shouldn't have been at CARM anyway.

Kane Augustus

Post by Kane Augustus » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Metacrock wrote:I know you guys are great, you are my friends, you are smart, you care. You are also the chorus. You are the not the people I have to convince. Notice the only smart atheist left on here is Fleet. Even Quantum Troll decided to do real life and left us. not that i mean to take you for granted.
Ouch. Doubly damned. Identified neither as "atheist" nor as "smart."

I understand: I don't really post much, so I'm not as easily estimable. Ah, well. I still like you, Meta.