why is it it wrong to show the world what they do?

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator: Metacrock

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

why is it it wrong to show the world what they do?

Post by Metacrock » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:49 am

If they think wristwatch is so "toxic" why don't they stop giving me material? Ok I can change lables. I can say something besides 'stupid atheist tricks." so let's say I put "athiet makes circular argument." I have seen them say that I am being terribly insulting when I just they argue in a circle.

anything I say is bad anything I say is wrong. if all I ever do is point out logical flaws dispassionately they will say "you are so insulting." I've seen them do it. They care what's true! Has my side scored that's it! That's their only concern.

It can' be wrong to say "this is what they do. look how it is." what is wrong with that?
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Kane Augustus
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:25 pm

Re: why is it it wrong to show the world what they do?

Post by Kane Augustus » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:40 pm

I'm not sure what you're talking about, Meta. Can you please give some context? For example, you refer to "they" and "atheists," yet I still have no clue who "they" are and what "atheists" you're talking about.

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: why is it it wrong to show the world what they do?

Post by Metacrock » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Kane Augustus wrote:I'm not sure what you're talking about, Meta. Can you please give some context? For example, you refer to "they" and "atheists," yet I still have no clue who "they" are and what "atheists" you're talking about.
on a message board this guy says "you don't' have any evidence to back up your theistic view." I put a page of quotes structured into arguments with an outline. He says "you have to rely on people whit Ph.D.'s so that shows your faith is weak. why do you erliy on Ph.D's to tell you things.

think about that. I'm being castigated for using evidence that's too good. I have too much of it and it's too academic. It's scientific it comes from too many studies. I should have no evidence, when I had no evidence that was bad too.

when I characterize this as "stupid" then I'm evil because I'm being insulting.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: why is it it wrong to show the world what they do?

Post by Metacrock » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:44 pm

never mind.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
sgttomas
Posts: 2424
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:20 am

Re: why is it it wrong to show the world what they do?

Post by sgttomas » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:57 pm

If you stated a complex problem do a horse, asking it whether or not you agree; yea or nay? And the horse said "nay", and you continued to argue to the horse that your position was clearly justified, but all the horse would say is, "nay"....

Atheists do not have the faculties to be able to understand your argument. They are literally "impaired". They do not have such a thing called "God" that can be articulated in their minds, and their hearts have been closed. This is clearly the condition that I was in, and I have only been reinforced in this understanding since coming to knowledge of God, by His Grace and Mercy.

I'm not saying to stop your efforts, but you only have to convey a message. It is God who is the source of knowledge and understanding. Just convey the message and move on. The horse will only say nay.

-sgtt
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: why is it it wrong to show the world what they do?

Post by Metacrock » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:13 pm

sgttomas wrote:If you stated a complex problem do a horse, asking it whether or not you agree; yea or nay? And the horse said "nay", and you continued to argue to the horse that your position was clearly justified, but all the horse would say is, "nay"....

Atheists do not have the faculties to be able to understand your argument. They are literally "impaired". They do not have such a thing called "God" that can be articulated in their minds, and their hearts have been closed. This is clearly the condition that I was in, and I have only been reinforced in this understanding since coming to knowledge of God, by His Grace and Mercy.

I'm not saying to stop your efforts, but you only have to convey a message. It is God who is the source of knowledge and understanding. Just convey the message and move on. The horse will only say nay.

-sgtt
that may well be. When I think "How did I get god?" There were a lot of things, it was a process it took time. Part of that process was seeking out intellectual Christians. they were real hard to find. When I found one we became friends for life. She's still a friend. I didn't go "you don' t have any evidence, and if you do it's no good and it's never gonna be and you don't know anything I know more than you blbah blah" If I had been that way I would never have listened enough to learn what she had to tell me that meant so much in my finding God.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

A Hermit

Re: why is it it wrong to show the world what they do?

Post by A Hermit » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:48 pm

sgttomas wrote:If you stated a complex problem do a horse, asking it whether or not you agree; yea or nay? And the horse said "nay", and you continued to argue to the horse that your position was clearly justified, but all the horse would say is, "nay"....

Atheists do not have the faculties to be able to understand your argument. They are literally "impaired".
So atheists are like dumb animals? What a bigoted thing to say.

User avatar
sgttomas
Posts: 2424
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:20 am

Re: why is it it wrong to show the world what they do?

Post by sgttomas » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:01 pm

Metacrock wrote:that may well be. When I think "How did I get god?" There were a lot of things, it was a process it took time. Part of that process was seeking out intellectual Christians. they were real hard to find. When I found one we became friends for life. She's still a friend. I didn't go "you don' t have any evidence, and if you do it's no good and it's never gonna be and you don't know anything I know more than you blbah blah" If I had been that way I would never have listened enough to learn what she had to tell me that meant so much in my finding God.
The seeking of God comes by God's grace, as He opens up that place in our heart that can only be filled by Him. He leads us unto knowledge, and by His mercy He reveals Himself in a personal way. Your friend did her job by telling you the message, and it is God who guides. As for those whose heart has been closed by their sin and their turning from God, there is nothing that you can do to help them. Again, the burden is to convey the message, and it is God who guides.

One can't open up that place through reason. All reason is self-centred. You can either place God in that centre, or you can place yourself. Anyone who already doesn't have God in that place will always refer their reason back to themselves. This is the "blackhole" of atheism that I characterize.

-sgtt
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

User avatar
sgttomas
Posts: 2424
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:20 am

Re: why is it it wrong to show the world what they do?

Post by sgttomas » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:02 pm

A Hermit wrote:So atheists are like dumb animals? What a bigoted thing to say.
Heh...this is a joke, right?

-sgtt
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

Kane Augustus
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:25 pm

Re: why is it it wrong to show the world what they do?

Post by Kane Augustus » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:11 pm

sgttomas wrote:
A Hermit wrote:So atheists are like dumb animals? What a bigoted thing to say.
Heh...this is a joke, right?

-sgtt
Well, it is a possible implication from what you wrote. Do you not see that?

Post Reply