I've just about had it

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
I've just about had it

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:35 pm

If you look on my blog you see the hate mail. People are actaully sending me hate male because I beileve there's meaning in live. What kind of mother fucking world are we living in? You can't even have the opinion that life has a meaning now without these pieices of shti coming after you?

you really think thinere's no great tribulation. man we are in it! don't you see that?

there's no point in posting stuff and going on. whO am I talking to? If anyone out thinks that post was good they are not saying it. only the people who brilliant lines liek 'You are retarted. your ideas are retarted."

I may put the car in the garage tonight. I pray there's a hell for them to burn in.

It' just proves the bible

2 Timothy 3-4:5 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
[NIV at IBS] [International Bible Society] [NIV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

2 Timothy 3
Godlessness in the Last Days
1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. 8Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth—men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.
Paul's Charge to Timothy
10You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, 11persecutions, sufferings—what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

If I don't kill myself I will be a fundie. but theres' no point. The mob rule has won.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Metacrock

Re: I've just about had it

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:36 pm

o that guy says "please end your life." It's not enough for him to just react violently to my ideas, he also wants me to kill myself. See what little Naziz are about?

tinythinker

Post by tinythinker » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:43 pm

Metacrock wrote:If you look on my blog you see the hate mail. People are actaully sending me hate male because I beileve there's meaning in live. What kind of mother fucking world are we living in? You can't even have the opinion that life has a meaning now without these pieices of shti coming after you?
There is more to your relationships with such people than the fact that you promote any one particular idea. There is a history of mutual antagonism. The latest subject being discussed just becomes the latest excuse to trade insults and accusations.
Metacrock wrote:you really think thinere's no great tribulation. man we are in it! don't you see that?
No, I see someone who is frustrated with some of the responses he has received to his blog posts. The frustration may be justifiable, but there is a also a good bit of over-reaction. There will always be those who disagree, who don't really want to agree, or who simply enjoy mocking others. There are complaints in every generation about the decline of culture or thought. It's not a shock.
Metacrock wrote:there's no point in posting stuff and going on. whO am I talking to? If anyone out thinks that post was good they are not saying it. only the people who brilliant lines liek 'You are retarted. your ideas are retarted."
Do you really think the opinions of people making such self-reveling comments are worth the energy it takes to care?
Metacrock wrote:I may put the car in the garage tonight. I pray there's a hell for them to burn in.
I don't believe you do.
Metacrock wrote:It' just proves the bible

2 Timothy 3
1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. 8Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth—men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.
Paul's Charge to Timothy
10You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, 11persecutions, sufferings—what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Again, old news. Heck it was old news 2000 years ago.
Metacrock wrote:If I don't kill myself I will be a fundie.
Naw - neither suits you.
Metacrock wrote:but theres' no point. The mob rule has won.
Rubbish.
Adrift in the endless river

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:28 pm

That guy was hateful, and you've had enough hate to last you a lifetime. I understand. *hug*

But-- there's one in every apple barrel. Don't let it spoil the bunch.

I'm planning on commenting on your Satre blog as soon as I'm through reading it. It's been a busy day. I spent a lot of time using your ideas to defend religion as something more meaningful than belief in Santa Claus, to someone that, it turned out, agreed with me after all. . . .
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:50 pm

tinythinker wrote:
Metacrock wrote:If you look on my blog you see the hate mail. People are actaully sending me hate male because I beileve there's meaning in live. What kind of mother fucking world are we living in? You can't even have the opinion that life has a meaning now without these pieices of shti coming after you?
There is more to your relationships with such people than the fact that you promote any one particular idea. There is a history of mutual antagonism. The latest subject being discussed just becomes the latest excuse to trade insults and accusations.
Metacrock wrote:you really think thinere's no great tribulation. man we are in it! don't you see that?
No, I see someone who is frustrated with some of the responses he has received to his blog posts. The frustration may be justifiable, but there is a also a good bit of over-reaction. There will always be those who disagree, who don't really want to agree, or who simply enjoy mocking others. There are complaints in every generation about the decline of culture or thought. It's not a shock.
Metacrock wrote:there's no point in posting stuff and going on. whO am I talking to? If anyone out thinks that post was good they are not saying it. only the people who brilliant lines liek 'You are retarted. your ideas are retarted."
Do you really think the opinions of people making such self-reveling comments are worth the energy it takes to care?
Metacrock wrote:I may put the car in the garage tonight. I pray there's a hell for them to burn in.
I don't believe you do.
Metacrock wrote:It' just proves the bible

2 Timothy 3

Paul's Charge to Timothy
Again, old news. Heck it was old news 2000 years ago.
Metacrock wrote:If I don't kill myself I will be a fundie.
Naw - neither suits you.
Metacrock wrote:but theres' no point. The mob rule has won.
Rubbish.

what you mean "overreaction?" How dare you say I overreact! :evil:

You know...it seemed funny at the time. :mrgreen:

Ok Tiny you are right as usual. :geek:

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:51 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:That guy was hateful, and you've had enough hate to last you a lifetime. I understand. *hug*

But-- there's one in every apple barrel. Don't let it spoil the bunch.

I'm planning on commenting on your Satre blog as soon as I'm through reading it. It's been a busy day. I spent a lot of time using your ideas to defend religion as something more meaningful than belief in Santa Claus, to someone that, it turned out, agreed with me after all. . . .

thanks Kristen, you too Tiny.

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:13 am

There's Jokers about....

-sgtt.
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")