here is a whine

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Re: here is a whine

Post by Metacrock » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:43 pm

rvhill wrote:here is a new one mate what do you think about what I said here?

http://www.christiandiscussionforums.or ... 2#poststop

that's fine. good analysis. I don't want to discourage you. But do you think saying some good analysis will make them changes? I said good stuff on there for ten years. I'm not sure what you are trying to do there that's any different than any other Christian who has been on there.

but I mean don't let me dissuade you.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

rvhill

Post by rvhill » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Metacrock wrote:

that's fine. good analysis. I don't want to discourage you. But do you think saying some good analysis will make them changes? I said good stuff on there for ten years. I'm not sure what you are trying to do there that's any different than any other Christian who has been on there.

I think we may have a differnt outlooks on this subject. I don't believe that I can save anyone, or even lead them to the truth.

Romans 3:11:THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS,THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD;

I am somewhat of a fatalist. I believe all are called in God own time.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:03 am

rvhill wrote:
Metacrock wrote:

I think we may have a differnt outlooks on this subject. I don't believe that I can save anyone, or even lead them to the truth.

I don't believe I can do that either. But I could clear away the clutter of their cherished prejudices if they were willing to listen.

in the first six years or so of my internet sojourn I did just that. I made a big splash at first. Christians were getting bolstered in their faith. I used to always get emails saying "you have saved me faith." I don't beileve I can save anyone's faith. But by collection empirical research, opening up the horizons to real theological thought, and using deductive logic to demonstrate the fallacies of the arguments atheists use to instill doubt the Lord took what I put up there from my researches and did use it to bolster faith.

Atheists were coming "gunning for me" all the time. People who thought they had religion disproved would come and say "I've heard you are the beast and I'm here to test my ideas of how to disprove religion." None of those guys fell on their knees saying "I got saved becasue of Metacrock.." Nor did I expect them to. But many of them did go away with a much more sophisticated and adult understanding of how to think about religion. none of them went away thinking "see I knew I had disproved religion and I have."

On boards where posted were rated I had tons of comments "here's the Christian's big gun." I don't imagine I am the Christian's big gun. But people knew I had stuff to say. one of those atheists came gunning for me on CARM I met in real life because he lived in Dallas and we became friends. From that point on he quite the message boards and while he continued to be an atheist he went around saying "O I see how my old view was too simplistic." he did say I opened his eyes to a much more sophisticated appreciation of religion and Christianity.

The atheists knew they had to stop me. I was posting on IIB, secular web all the time back then, and CARM. I had a little apologetic group I strated out of Christians I met on CARM, we called it the Christian CADRE. WE went to IIB and led a major assault (if you will) and it made a difference. The atheists started saying "we have to do something." people told me the secret atheist board where Christians weren't allowed to see, they talked about me all the time. I know they formulated a strategy to assassinate my charter.

they knew they could not beat my arguments. They knew they had to destroy my repulation as a valid person. One day a guy on IIB said to me "this is what I've been waiting to hear. At last you have shown me a form of Christianity that I can beileve in. I want to get saved." When that guy said that day, I was banned forever, they never ever ever let me back.

Right before that I had a snit pissing contest with some of them, but we made up. I apologized, we were ok then they ban me right after that guy said that. Just a couple of days latter all the major people from IIB because a flood of lies about me. I went through many different boards and found them saying these things just like they rehearsed it. They said that I said I admit I can't debate. I admitted they always wing the debates. They said I lied bout being doctoral student and I had never been to college because look at my spelling. everytime I alluded to graduate school experince they say "you are a liar! you never went o graduate school" I put up the phone number of the department secretary at UTD and dared them to call and find out. that would shut them up until the next time I mentioned graduate school they go "you are a liar you never went to graduate school." they began bombarding my
blog saying such things. I found boards I had never posted on people I had never heard of talking about meas though know me and saying "what a liar that guy is. He's so stupid and lies so much, he obviously didn't go to college."

They just assassinated by character because they dishonest piece of sit hypocrites who can't face truth honestly and can't treat people fairly. If you beat their arguments enough times they will make your personality they issue.

(1) The lie about my schooling

(2) constantly harp on my selling even when it's good. When I first got fiarefox I would put up posts with not one underlined word. they would still say "look at how bad his spelling is."
one guy said "look how many mistakes you made in that post you put up." I compared it to his he had more spelling mistakes then I did. I had like one and he had like seven.

(3) whenever I point out how they treat me and other Christians they go "you are the most hateful person I've ever seen in my life." So the victim is the victimizer because he fights back. That's been one of their standard principles throughout the whole time they have conducted the character assassination campaign. If you ever fight back, you are the most hateful person. It doesn't matter what they do to start it you are always hinus and always much worse.

(4) they always divert the issue to my personality, it doesn't matter what is being said.

(5) the more intelligent and well written my arguments the more they harp on my spelling and how I never went to college (I was a Ph.D. candiate and my acadeic career was extremely important tome, it was my life. It was stolen from me and so they know that saying these things is a knife in my heart. So they do it all the time).

(6) they find fault with every single thing I say. The other day I referred to this guy named Hector as "the Hec man." why? I don't know. I like the guy, like Woody Alan was called "the Wood man" I was just being friendly and bit too cutsie maybe. they went a major tirade about how I was insulting him.

It would not make any difference. They have created the stigma that I am a pariah. they did it to destroy my effectiveness because I was effective. They don't have consciousness and they don't have brains.

rvhill

Post by rvhill » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:30 am

Metacrock wrote:
rvhill wrote:
Metacrock wrote:that's fine. good analysis. I don't want to discourage you. But do you think saying some good analysis will make them changes? I said good stuff on there for ten years. I'm not sure what you are trying to do there that's any different than any other Christian who has been on there.

I don't believe I can do that either. But I could clear away the clutter of their cherished prejudices if they were willing to listen.

in the first six years or so of my internet sojourn I did just that. I made a big splash at first. Christians were getting bolstered in their faith. I used to always get emails saying "you have saved me faith." I don't beileve I can save anyone's faith. But by collection empirical research, opening up the horizons to real theological thought, and using deductive logic to demonstrate the fallacies of the arguments atheists use to instill doubt the Lord took what I put up there from my researches and did use it to bolster faith.

Atheists were coming "gunning for me" all the time. People who thought they had religion disproved would come and say "I've heard you are the beast and I'm here to test my ideas of how to disprove religion." None of those guys fell on their knees saying "I got saved becasue of Metacrock.." Nor did I expect them to. But many of them did go away with a much more sophisticated and adult understanding of how to think about religion. none of them went away thinking "see I knew I had disproved religion and I have."

On boards where posted were rated I had tons of comments "here's the Christian's big gun." I don't imagine I am the Christian's big gun. But people knew I had stuff to say. one of those atheists came gunning for me on CARM I met in real life because he lived in Dallas and we became friends. From that point on he quite the message boards and while he continued to be an atheist he went around saying "O I see how my old view was too simplistic." he did say I opened his eyes to a much more sophisticated appreciation of religion and Christianity.

The atheists knew they had to stop me. I was posting on IIB, secular web all the time back then, and CARM. I had a little apologetic group I strated out of Christians I met on CARM, we called it the Christian CADRE. WE went to IIB and led a major assault (if you will) and it made a difference. The atheists started saying "we have to do something." people told me the secret atheist board where Christians weren't allowed to see, they talked about me all the time. I know they formulated a strategy to assassinate my charter.

they knew they could not beat my arguments. They knew they had to destroy my repulation as a valid person. One day a guy on IIB said to me "this is what I've been waiting to hear. At last you have shown me a form of Christianity that I can beileve in. I want to get saved." When that guy said that day, I was banned forever, they never ever ever let me back.

Right before that I had a snit pissing contest with some of them, but we made up. I apologized, we were ok then they ban me right after that guy said that. Just a couple of days latter all the major people from IIB because a flood of lies about me. I went through many different boards and found them saying these things just like they rehearsed it. They said that I said I admit I can't debate. I admitted they always wing the debates. They said I lied bout being doctoral student and I had never been to college because look at my spelling. everytime I alluded to graduate school experince they say "you are a liar! you never went o graduate school" I put up the phone number of the department secretary at UTD and dared them to call and find out. that would shut them up until the next time I mentioned graduate school they go "you are a liar you never went to graduate school." they began bombarding my
blog saying such things. I found boards I had never posted on people I had never heard of talking about meas though know me and saying "what a liar that guy is. He's so stupid and lies so much, he obviously didn't go to college."

They just assassinated by character because they dishonest piece of sit hypocrites who can't face truth honestly and can't treat people fairly. If you beat their arguments enough times they will make your personality they issue.

(1) The lie about my schooling

(2) constantly harp on my selling even when it's good. When I first got fiarefox I would put up posts with not one underlined word. they would still say "look at how bad his spelling is."
one guy said "look how many mistakes you made in that post you put up." I compared it to his he had more spelling mistakes then I did. I had like one and he had like seven.

(3) whenever I point out how they treat me and other Christians they go "you are the most hateful person I've ever seen in my life." So the victim is the victimizer because he fights back. That's been one of their standard principles throughout the whole time they have conducted the character assassination campaign. If you ever fight back, you are the most hateful person. It doesn't matter what they do to start it you are always hinus and always much worse.

(4) they always divert the issue to my personality, it doesn't matter what is being said.

(5) the more intelligent and well written my arguments the more they harp on my spelling and how I never went to college (I was a Ph.D. candiate and my acadeic career was extremely important tome, it was my life. It was stolen from me and so they know that saying these things is a knife in my heart. So they do it all the time).

(6) they find fault with every single thing I say. The other day I referred to this guy named Hector as "the Hec man." why? I don't know. I like the guy, like Woody Alan was called "the Wood man" I was just being friendly and bit too cutsie maybe. they went a major tirade about how I was insulting him.

It would not make any difference. They have created the stigma that I am a pariah. they did it to destroy my effectiveness because I was effective. They don't have consciousness and they don't have brains.
Don't you see that you let them win? When you show a emotional response to childish behavior, you validate said childish behavior. You had a major weakness, they found it, and then exploited it.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:33 pm

you haven't been through it like I have. You are telling someone who has essentially been psychologically gang banded 'its your fault. you brought it on yourself." would you tell someone who had been beaten up by a gang of people "well you did it to yourself?"

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:36 pm

Metacrock wrote:you haven't been through it like I have. You are telling someone who has essentially been psychologically gang banded 'its your fault. you brought it on yourself." would you tell someone who had been beaten up by a gang of people "well you did it to yourself?"

I don't know who is worse. people who do that stuff or those who blame the victims.

I would like to see you not get into that with a whole bunch of people hounding you all the time and trying to provoke you with everything you say and organizing a big coordinated effort to ruin you, spiritual giant that you are, I'm sure you are the closest thing to Paul since the first century, I'd like to see you handle it and not get into responding to them in kind.

rvhill

Post by rvhill » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:56 pm

Metacrock wrote:
Metacrock wrote:you haven't been through it like I have. You are telling someone who has essentially been psychologically gang banded 'its your fault. you brought it on yourself." would you tell someone who had been beaten up by a gang of people "well you did it to yourself?"

I don't know who is worse. people who do that stuff or those who blame the victims.

I would like to see you not get into that with a whole bunch of people hounding you all the time and trying to provoke you with everything you say and organizing a big coordinated effort to ruin you, spiritual giant that you are, I'm sure you are the closest thing to Paul since the first century, I'd like to see you handle it and not get into responding to them in kind.
I am not saying I would handle it right. I just saying you could have handle it better, and your actions empowered them to do more of the same. The people we are talking about are childish, hateful, and small minded people what more can one say about them? I just saying don't give them what they want.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:27 pm

I know. I'm sorry. I don't mean to be so defensive. do you have any idea how many times I've heard this?

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:46 am

Metacrock wrote:do you have any idea how many times I've heard this?
4,263 by my count...but I haven't been paying that close of attention. lol

;)

-sgtt.
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:56 pm

sgttomas wrote:
Metacrock wrote:do you have any idea how many times I've heard this?
4,263 by my count...but I haven't been paying that close of attention. lol

;)

-sgtt.

lol :mrgreen: