metacrock he puts the mental in fundemental

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

piers
metacrock he puts the mental in fundemental

Post by piers » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:02 pm

you see something I always find entertaining is meta in debates with funde christians. I have long since rejected positions like YECism and I wonder how much of a difference it makes to how much you respect the teachings of the bible based on if somone is an inerrentist or not? fundes hate people like meta because they don't have answers because their positions are made of zeal and not substance most of the time.

MonolithTMA

Re: metacrock he puts the mental in fundemental

Post by MonolithTMA » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:56 pm

piers wrote:you see something I always find entertaining is meta in debates with funde christians. I have long since rejected positions like YECism and I wonder how much of a difference it makes to how much you respect the teachings of the bible based on if somone is an inerrentist or not? fundes hate people like meta because they don't have answers because their positions are made of zeal and not substance most of the time.
From an atheist view, I find it much more challenging to debate with Meta or someone with similar views, than to debate fundamentalist Christians. Part of that is that I am more familiar with fundamentalist theology, but part of it is also that a large part of my rejection of Christianity is my rejection of the Bible, particularly of it's inerrancy. If I prove that the Bible has flaws, Meta doesn't care. Then I have to go back to the drawing board! :mrgreen:
Peace,
Mike aka MonolithTMA

"The idea that the truth of God can be bound in any human system, by any human creed, by any human book is almost beyond imagination for me." -- John Shelby Spong

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:29 pm

piers wrote:you see something I always find entertaining is meta in debates with funde christians. I have long since rejected positions like YECism and I wonder how much of a difference it makes to how much you respect the teachings of the bible based on if somone is an inerrentist or not? fundes hate people like meta because they don't have answers because their positions are made of zeal and not substance most of the time.

ahaha, they banned me for putting that thing about hell. can you believe it? I told those guys to suck my dick, I said they were shit I told them to fuck off, none of that get's me banned. disagreeing with Mat Slick gets me banned! where is ARRM when you need them?
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:30 pm

MonolithTMA wrote:
From an atheist view, I find it much more challenging to debate with Meta or someone with similar views, than to debate fundamentalist Christians. Part of that is that I am more familiar with fundamentalist theology, but part of it is also that a large part of my rejection of Christianity is my rejection of the Bible, particularly of it's inerrancy. If I prove that the Bible has flaws, Meta doesn't care. Then I have to go back to the drawing board! :mrgreen:

NUC NUC NUC NCU, I think that's one reason the Dawkies hate me so damn much.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief