why does religion excite hatred?

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator: Metacrock

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

why does religion excite hatred?

Post by Metacrock » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:05 pm

Well I had another little tussle with the atheists on carm. they did their usual bull shit with you know "you never went to school" and all that. The guys wouldn't' do anything about it. So then they started attack my appearance. The spelling thing didn't do it so they started attacking the way I look. I decided that was enough. Now if I am banned for life from carm I figure taht will be good. That's a good thing. I can't ever be subjected to that garbage again, fine.

I said somethings. I called a few little harmless names, like syphilitic asshole.Just a few a little names. say you don't really think they would be that insulting by being called butt fucking queers do you?

why are they like that? I was trying real hard and part of the time it was going great. I said "ok now it's just about time for them to start the personal attacks." I'll be damned they did it that very day. then it just keep snow balling.

My brother says that the average person is really an idiot. these are just average that' why human history is like it is. He say I'm too intellectual to be talking to them. He says Christian apologetic itself is wrong headed becasue it expects ordinary dumb shits to understand real ideas.

I think he may have something there.

I think there is also something to the idea that they get their identities from hate.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
KR Wordgazer
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: why does religion excite hatred?

Post by KR Wordgazer » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:04 pm

You know, Metacrock's OP included acknowledgment that he'd lost his temper. Namely, this:
I said somethings. I called a few little harmless names, like syphilitic asshole.Just a few a little names. say you don't really think they would be that insulting by being called butt fucking queers do you?
That was his joke at his own expense. I don't think it's necessary to come here and attack him on his own message boards.
Wag more.
Bark less.

doxaws
Site Admin
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:07 am

Re: why does religion excite hatred?

Post by doxaws » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:16 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:You know, Metacrock's OP included acknowledgment that he'd lost his temper. Namely, this:
I said somethings. I called a few little harmless names, like syphilitic asshole.Just a few a little names. say you don't really think they would be that insulting by being called butt fucking queers do you?
That was his joke at his own expense. I don't think it's necessary to come here and attack him on his own message boards.
you don't need to defend me to scum. that guy know very well they called me scum they said I look like a douche bag, they never treid to have a serious discussion, never took one single thing I said seriously. they know they are idiots. they know they can't stand up to my intellect.

those two are not up to the intellectual standard we set on this board, they will not be back.

theFool2
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:31 pm

Re: why does religion excite hatred?

Post by theFool2 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:35 pm

doxaws wrote:
KR Wordgazer wrote:You know, Metacrock's OP included acknowledgment that he'd lost his temper. Namely, this:
I said somethings. I called a few little harmless names, like syphilitic asshole.Just a few a little names. say you don't really think they would be that insulting by being called butt fucking queers do you?
That was his joke at his own expense. I don't think it's necessary to come here and attack him on his own message boards.
you don't need to defend me to scum. that guy know very well they called me scum they said I look like a douche bag, they never treid to have a serious discussion, never took one single thing I said seriously. they know they are idiots. they know they can't stand up to my intellect.

those two are not up to the intellectual standard we set on this board, they will not be back.
You sir are an intellectual coward. You deleted both mine and Hatsoff's posts because we dared to disagree with king Metacrock. All I did was present your own words and disagree with you. If that was bad enough to warrant a ban you should examine what it is you actually said. It was very bad stuff, which goes beyond losing your temper. It was awful, and you only make it look worse when you try to prevent people from replying to you! You can't handle people who don't worship the ground you walk on. I'll be back metacrock if you ban me again. I can change my IP address with ease and make endless accounts to come back. One after another. Your cowardice should be met with nothing less.

doxaws
Site Admin
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:07 am

Re: why does religion excite hatred?

Post by doxaws » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:58 pm

No you moronic piece of shit. I did it because you did nothing the whole time I was back on carm but belittle and attack me. you did not take word I uttered seriously. you committed the cardinal sin of telling me I didn't go to graduate school and that I'm not smart. you did nothing but ridicule everything single thing I said, then you have the audacity to come here and say this? Ok I will give you one chance. you may not post here on any other board but you can post on the 1x1 board if you debate me. but the first time you resort to your little game of belittlement, you forfeit. got it?

I will put up two threads making my own case and you can put up a post attempting to refute it. any insult at all and any refusal to take it seriously and out you go.


hey put up or shut up!

theFool2
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:31 pm

Re: why does religion excite hatred?

Post by theFool2 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:04 pm

doxaws wrote:No you moronic piece of shit. I did it because you did nothing the whole time I was back on carm but belittle and attack me. you did not take word I uttered seriously. you committed the cardinal sin of telling me I didn't go to graduate school
I said you did not FINISH graduate school.

and that I'm not smart. you did nothing but ridicule everything single thing I said, then you have the audacity to come here and say this? Ok I will give you one chance. you may not post here on any other board but you can post on the 1x1 board if you debate me. but the first time you resort to your little game of belittlement, you forfeit. got it?

I will put up two threads making my own case and you can put up a post attempting to refute it. any insult at all and any refusal to take it seriously and out you go.


hey put up or shut up!
LOL, I might but I might not. You don't get it do you. I can come back no matter what you do, it's pointless to try to set up blocks which can do nothing but make me double over in laughters.

I will not post here again if your debate threads interest me. I might respond to them if they rise above the level of polemic, but I doubt that will happen.

doxaws
Site Admin
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:07 am

Re: why does religion excite hatred?

Post by doxaws » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:04 pm

the two threads are up.Do you accept?

doxaws
Site Admin
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:07 am

Re: why does religion excite hatred?

Post by doxaws » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:38 pm

theFool2 wrote:
doxaws wrote:No you moronic piece of shit. I did it because you did nothing the whole time I was back on carm but belittle and attack me. you did not take word I uttered seriously. you committed the cardinal sin of telling me I didn't go to graduate school
I said you did not FINISH graduate school.

and that I'm not smart. you did nothing but ridicule everything single thing I said, then you have the audacity to come here and say this? Ok I will give you one chance. you may not post here on any other board but you can post on the 1x1 board if you debate me. but the first time you resort to your little game of belittlement, you forfeit. got it?

I will put up two threads making my own case and you can put up a post attempting to refute it. any insult at all and any refusal to take it seriously and out you go.


hey put up or shut up!
LOL, I might but I might not. You don't get it do you. I can come back no matter what you do, it's pointless to try to set up blocks which can do nothing but make me double over in laughters.

I will not post here again if your debate threads interest me. I might respond to them if they rise above the level of polemic, but I doubt that will happen.

you pulled this little stunt to get out of it because you know I'll kick your ass. I will not allow a peice shit like you to ruin the wonderful we have here. you will n ot take them over cock sucking fogott. I'll give you one night to get an argument up on the 1x1 board and then you are gone.

you think I can't keep you off here. try me. I don't think you more than the people who made the boards.


here's another little secret too cock sucker. I'm already baack on carem foolish asshole.

LACanuck
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:51 am

Re: why does religion excite hatred?

Post by LACanuck » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:48 pm

The problem I have with your tirade is that it's completely meaningless. Since I'm one of the people who you labelled as a butt-fucking queer and a syphillic asshole, I would think that, based on your standards, I should be able to spew some filth in return. Seems like that would be tit for tat.

But this is the freaking Internet. It's not real. Nothing that I read can possibly affect me *unless* I let it. I'm an author myself. And I have had people trash the work that I have done. Not with the words that others have used with you, but they have called my writing worthless and ignorant.

So what?

I know that, in my area, I'm very good at what I do. Why would I let the rantings of people, any people, change my opinion of myself. More importantly, why would I let anonymous postings on a review site have any impact. In fact, unless you're part of my inner circle of friends, there is little that you could say that would impact my self-worth.

Why is it that you don't seem to have the same center of calm?

Now I'll grant you that there are people who make stupid posts on CARM. I've read them. And I have defended you, on occasion. Quite rightly, I believe. But shouldn't you be far enough above them to not stoop below their level. Set up a page on your site describing your CV, link them to it and let it go.

Also, as much as I would miss you, there's a part of me that thinks you would be better off, from a personal perspective, to keep away from that forum on CARM. I'm not sure what good you get from it, but it appears that you also get plenty of bad. And I can't imagine that the good outweighs the bad.

doxaws
Site Admin
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:07 am

Re: why does religion excite hatred?

Post by doxaws » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:23 pm

LACanuck wrote:The problem I have with your tirade is that it's completely meaningless. Since I'm one of the people who you labelled as a butt-fucking queer and a syphillic asshole, I would think that, based on your standards, I should be able to spew some filth in return. Seems like that would be tit for tat.

just because I said "you" in the editorial sense doesn't mean I was saying it of you personally. Go back to carm and look at the thread see how they treated me every snigle post every thread all the way through. see how they mocked and belittled every single thing I said right from the start.

you are just convening me that atheist really don't have a sense of morality and can't play fair.

you can't understand why I'm hurt, you can't understand how pissed off I am, you can't see that I am the victim here. now that vermin has to destroy the best board on the net because he's so supremely selfish he has to impose his violent anger on other people who just want to left alone to have good discussions. but atheists don't' believe in free thought, they don't believe in free speech so he has to destroy the environment.


But this is the freaking Internet. It's not real. Nothing that I read can possibly affect me *unless* I let it. I'm an author myself. And I have had people trash the work that I have done. Not with the words that others have used with you, but they have called my writing worthless and ignorant.
but they didn't try to destory you. I am my mind. I am my leanring that is my life. for those little vermin to say You didn't go to gradute school you are liying is just like ripping my soul out why can't you see that?


So what?

I know that, in my area, I'm very good at what I do. Why would I let the rantings of people, any people, change my opinion of myself. More importantly, why would I let anonymous postings on a review site have any impact. In fact, unless you're part of my inner circle of friends, there is little that you could say that would impact my self-worth.

why should I accept being treated that way? No on treates you taht way. it's not the same as saying some book you wrote is bad. that's nothing compred to "you don't have any knowledge, everything you value yourself for is a lie, I wont believe anything you say because you are really stupid(and all because you disagree with my world view) and you look like a douche bag.

you also don't get it about the way teachers mad me feel ashamed of my mind because of dyslexia how many mother fucking times do I have to go over this/

do you realize that none of this would be necessary if there weren't so many vicious little swine among the atheists? they refuse to think they don't want to learn they know nothing and they get their kicks out of destroying people.

Why is it that you don't seem to have the same center of calm?
dun gee do you think it cloud be because this has been going on for ten years? figure it out. You don't think I"m sick of it?
Now I'll grant you that there are people who make stupid posts on CARM. I've read them. And I have defended you, on occasion. Quite rightly, I believe. But shouldn't you be far enough above them to not stoop below their level. Set up a page on your site describing your CV, link them to it and let it go.
the small bit of success that the intent apologetic community affords is the only piece of my dream I will ever have. I cannot go back to school. Im' 52, i am disabled, I'm poor I will never have the energy to do that again. this is all I have. And those pieces of shit are totally dedicated to ruining it for me; and all because they are cowards who can't carry an argument. they couldn't think their way out of a paper bag.

[qutoe]Also, as much as I would miss you, there's a part of me that thinks you would be better off, from a personal perspective, to keep away from that forum on CARM. I'm not sure what good you get from it, but it appears that you also get plenty of bad. And I can't imagine that the good outweighs the bad.[/quote]


I will never go back there. but that's because those little cowards are just vermin. they can't think they are not serious they wont a discussion and it's not productive to try and talk to them.

It ws good at one time. people like Tiny and others it was a good activity. but the atheists ruined it. the christians didn't ruin it, they were always kind of out of in terms of logic and understanding, but they are not the who started introducing the hate the ridicule the tendency to belittle every single thing someone says. It was a fine way to have a small piece of the dream I had from childhood to be a professor and contribute to the world of thought in some small way. But they just can't have that because they can't win without using bully tacit, they can't face arguments like men and think. they have to use sabotage and cruelty to win by bully tactics.

I tried to be extra polite this time, did you notice i actually got along with Asimov. See don't you see what's going on ? those guys know they can't run roughshod over the christians if I'm there. they can't superior which is their major motivation so they have to get me out of there.

Post Reply