Ethical naturalism" contra scientific ethics

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Re: Ethical naturalism" contra scientific ethics

Post by Metacrock » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:28 am

Magritte wrote:
Metacrock wrote:did you make that chart youself
No, I screen capped it from the electronic version of Haidt's book.
I see. guess what? here's another connection with the book, He speaks of a guy Robert Zajonc (1923-2008). Guess what? UI met him, He spokle to ,my intro psych class my freshman year. I don't know why he was in Texas but It had toe him. Probably not to many Zajonc's running around social sciences in academia., it's pronounced Zion, why I remembered it after all these years such a strange name.

To what other connections do i refer? I have read great portions of the book now, I am reading it in preview on google books. I really relate to his wide eyed wonderment at the social sciences.That aspect really took me back to my own days as a sociology major. But, it also bums me because I see in his rhetorical the old assumptions that drove me out of social sciences when I realized what they were about.

Not to say I have it in for the social sciences,I saw a pronounced assumption of robot thinking and number crunching that i didn't like. You will see that in my criticisms of the book, when I make them.

For me the main ideological conflict was that i saw that used cultural relativism to put down all forms of knowledge save number crunching. Don't get me wrong i see social sciences opossiotion to evolutionary psychology as a nobel thing.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Metacrock

Re: Ethical naturalism" contra scientific ethics

Post by Metacrock » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:07 am

btw man thinks for bringing up this book. lt gave just what I need in my research at this point,
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief