argument from co determinate (experience for PX)

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Re: argument from co determinate (experience for PX)

Post by Metacrock » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:09 am

The Pixie wrote:
Metacrock wrote:then you should make a leap of faith
I disagree. The situation is that we do not know what causes MEs; there is some evidence they come from God, they is some that they are due to chemicals in the brain. To me, the only valid conclusion is that we do not know what causes MEs.

I just told you the 8 tie breakers isprpve the idea that it's chemicals alone, For one thing that would not explain why it's always positive, no long term negative effects.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:44 am

Metacrock wrote:
moksha wrote:
Metacrock wrote: you say "It is also not logical to say that there is a divine to experience," how so? show me why it's not logical.

read my book. that will show you why it's warranted,
Schizophrenics hear voices and see things. Does that mean there is something there for them to experience?

I'm starting to get the feeling that you want people to read your book. ;)

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:25 am

moksha wrote:
Schizophrenics hear voices and see things. Does that mean there is something there for them to experience?

I'm starting to get the feeling that you want people to read your book. ;)

Tjhe effects of having those experiences are consistent with the experiences not being real; they get worse. Mystical experience makes you better, the effect of it is real and it is transformation rather than debilitation,. That is more consistant with reality
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief