Jim great fun

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Jim great fun

Post by Metacrock » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:07 pm

on my blog Met amd JB and I arguing with skepie about scientism too.I am going to show him he thinks of scinece as we think of God.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

JBSptfn

Re: Jim great fun

Post by JBSptfn » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:10 pm

I especially love this comment by Skeppo:
Well, Joe. Obviously if you are credulous to believe in your religious myths, you are credulous enough to believe anything. I told you what I believe. And there are whole books that say pretty much the same thing. One thing you cannot do is tell me what I believe. You might be able to talk yourself into this fantasy view of how atheists think because it makes you feel superior, but it's not the truth. And that's a fact.
These types of responses are what he seems known for. He assumes that Christians are believers in myth, no matter what.

And then, there's this comment:
Science does not make us feel love or aesthetic appreciation. And that's not to say that I don't share those things with the rest of humanity, either, as people like Joe would have you believe.
When did you ever say that he didn't love humanity?

Jim B.

Post by Jim B. » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Metacrock wrote:on my blog Met amd JB and I arguing with skepie about scientism too.I am going to show him he thinks of scinece as we think of God.
Can you give the link?

JBSptfn

Post by JBSptfn » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:17 pm

Jim B. wrote:
Metacrock wrote:on my blog Met amd JB and I arguing with skepie about scientism too.I am going to show him he thinks of scinece as we think of God.
Can you give the link?
http://metacrock.blogspot.com/2017/08/t ... ce-to.html