The Religous apiari

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Re: The Religous apiari

Post by Metacrock » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:02 pm

yea I have seen and noted all of that. those are very cogent and welcome comments Tiny.

why is there is festering hate group that seeks to belittle and ridicule any kind of believer in anything other than dead reductionism and dead matter? why is there this sort of people who are so outraged by thinking and have to seek to hurt those who think deeply about the nature of life?

and they do seek to hurt. I will never believe otherwise now. after happened on carm today there's no way I'll ever have any kind of dealings with those worms again.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:07 am

That's rotten that it happened to you again, Metacrock. Sending a virtual hug your way.

I went on CARM to try to find the thread, but had no idea where to look.
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:23 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:That's rotten that it happened to you again, Metacrock. Sending a virtual hug your way.

I went on CARM to try to find the thread, but had no idea where to look.

thanks kristen. It's not surprising though. they just don't have an idea of what being intellectual is. They don't know anything, but skepticism leads them to be very suspicious of everything, so they wind up being suspicious of thing that should be common knowledge.

They don't understand logic so they don't trust it. so they don't think.

consider this mistake in logic an atheist made on carm just the last time i was there (sunday)

He says self awareness is what finite contingent beings have

therefore,

necessary being can't have self awareness.

he also put up a long diatribe about how an impersonal "thing" could not be called 'god.' so of course he knows nothing of process theology.

It's just totally unproductive. It's trying to talk to the unwashed masses. Most people are just not thinkers. Christianity is for thinking peopel atheism is for angry bitter people who can't think.

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:13 pm

Heh. You're right, those arguments make no sense. :shock:

There are plenty of Christians who don't think, too, though. And they can drive others crazy with blind dogmatism and judgmentalism.

The thing is that though Christianity is intellectual, it's so many other things besides, and it appeals on different levels. It gives plenty of scope for reflection and intellectual discussion, but it also meets the needs of the small child in Sunday School and the guy on the street with a GED. And what it always comes down to in the end is realizing Jesus' words when He spoke of coming to God as a little child being the only way to really get there. Before God, the highest IQ on earth is still a little child.

Also, I know a lot of atheists who do think. Don't know how many of them post on message boards, though. ;)

I hope I'm not being too annoying. :oops: :lol: I know a lot of what you said earlier was only because you were angry-- and I don't blame you, Metacrock. But I really don't think stupidity is confined to any one worldview.
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:25 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:Heh. You're right, those arguments make no sense. :shock:

There are plenty of Christians who don't think, too, though. And they can drive others crazy with blind dogmatism and judgmentalism.

The thing is that though Christianity is intellectual, it's so many other things besides, and it appeals on different levels. It gives plenty of scope for reflection and intellectual discussion, but it also meets the needs of the small child in Sunday School and the guy on the street with a GED. And what it always comes down to in the end is realizing Jesus' words when He spoke of coming to God as a little child being the only way to really get there. Before God, the highest IQ on earth is still a little child.

Also, I know a lot of atheists who do think. Don't know how many of them post on message boards, though. ;)

I hope I'm not being too annoying. :oops: :lol: I know a lot of what you said earlier was only because you were angry-- and I don't blame you, Metacrock. But I really don't think stupidity is confined to any one world view.

yes I know there are some intelligent atheists. But I just can't get them together one message board at the same time without a bunch of trolls sticking their noses in. some of them came here but they wouldn't stick.

I just basically don't care to talk to them any more. I couldn't care less if they get saved. I will confine my witnessing to people who have some brains and wont truth. and I'll just development my arguments for the amazement and education of Chrstians; who gives a rats ass what atheists say? I don't want them around.