for Tiny thinker (and all) religious instrict

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator: Metacrock

tinythinker

Re: for Tiny thinker (and all) religious instrict

Post by tinythinker » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:13 pm

I am also sorry to hear about the losses from your apartment flood. I kind of felt the same way about this time last year when I found out the place where I had left a lot of my stuff from childhood/my teen years had been sold and that I had just so long to get what I wanted to keep. I was living several hours away, and so I drove overnight, spent just a couple of hours in the mid to late morning sorting through stuff (to help with the cleanup I piled what I wasn't taking with the trash), and came away with just a few boxes of stuff without really looking closely at most of it (though I did get some really great things, like a painting of Jesus my mother had always kept hanging in our living room when I was a small child - I hadn't seen it in decades). It's funny how I was able to "live without" that stuff for years and years and then it suddenly became more important when I had to quickly pick and choose what to "rescue". So I can only imagine that the stuff you had chosen already to keep with you in your apartment must have been the most important and meaningful of your own mementos.
Adrift in the endless river

Metacrock

Re: for Tiny thinker (and all) religious instrict

Post by Metacrock » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:53 pm

tinythinker wrote:I am also sorry to hear about the losses from your apartment flood. I kind of felt the same way about this time last year when I found out the place where I had left a lot of my stuff from childhood/my teen years had been sold and that I had just so long to get what I wanted to keep. I was living several hours away, and so I drove overnight, spent just a couple of hours in the mid to late morning sorting through stuff (to help with the cleanup I piled what I wasn't taking with the trash), and came away with just a few boxes of stuff without really looking closely at most of it (though I did get some really great things, like a painting of Jesus my mother had always kept hanging in our living room when I was a small child - I hadn't seen it in decades). It's funny how I was able to "live without" that stuff for years and years and then it suddenly became more important when I had to quickly pick and choose what to "rescue". So I can only imagine that the stuff you had chosen already to keep with you in your apartment must have been the most important and meaningful of your own mementos.
was that your parents house? are your parents living? It's tough to lose things like that. Our house was stolen from us so anything form that time and place means a lot to us.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief