Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator: Metacrock

JBSptfn
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by JBSptfn » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:45 pm

What are some of your favorite TV shows that were prematurely cancelled?

For me, it is Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared.

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by Metacrock » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:37 am

JBSptfn wrote:What are some of your favorite TV shows that were prematurely cancelled?

For me, it is Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared.

O man I don't care about or notice modern shows. any shows I could reference would be really from the stone age. Adams Family went off way too soon. Johnny Quest, the original 60s run.

I like more recent shows but most of them made it, such as Signfeld.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

JBSptfn
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by JBSptfn » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Metacrock wrote:
JBSptfn wrote:What are some of your favorite TV shows that were prematurely cancelled?

For me, it is Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared.

O man I don't care about or notice modern shows. any shows I could reference would be really from the stone age. Adams Family went off way too soon. Johnny Quest, the original 60s run.

I like more recent shows but most of them made it, such as Signfeld.
Addams Family went off too soon? I didn't know that.

Seinfeld was pretty good, but I didn't watch that too much.

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by Metacrock » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:03 pm

JBSptfn wrote:
Metacrock wrote:
JBSptfn wrote:What are some of your favorite TV shows that were prematurely cancelled?

For me, it is Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared.

O man I don't care about or notice modern shows. any shows I could reference would be really from the stone age. Adams Family went off way too soon. Johnny Quest, the original 60s run.

I like more recent shows but most of them made it, such as Signfeld.
Addams Family went off too soon? I didn't know that.

Seinfeld was pretty good, but I didn't watch that too much.
The Adams family was only on a couple of years. Fall 64-spring 66.

Another show that wasn't on long enough Sally Fields in Gidget. It was only on fall 66-Spring 67. over that summer it found a fan base but had already been canceled and Field was already making flying nun.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by Metacrock » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:06 pm

The Honeymooners only got 39 episodes as it's own show, "the classic 39."

Original run October 1, 1955 – September 22, 1956

It was a recurring skit on Jackie Gleason show so in that form it was on for many years. But only one year as it's own show.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
KR Wordgazer
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by KR Wordgazer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:50 am

Classic Star Trek was cancelled after only 3 years. And then it just wouldn't die. :D

Another show that ought to have continued was the animated show The Tick. So funny!
Wag more.
Bark less.

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:11 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:Classic Star Trek was cancelled after only 3 years. And then it just wouldn't die. :D

Another show that ought to have continued was the animated show The Tick. So funny!
yea of cousre Star Trek I should have thought of that.

The Tick is that animated Saturday morning, superhero with "American Maid" who dresses like a maid?

To answer my own question I see there was a sit come with live actors based upon the comic book character, which was also an animated show on Saturday morning.

He's derivative of Blue beetle which was a copy of Green Hornet.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:14 am

Image


Image
Blue Bettle

Image
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

User avatar
KR Wordgazer
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by KR Wordgazer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:54 am

Yes! Thanks for tracing the origins of the Tick-- I'm interested in that kind of thing, having become a comic book geek by marrying one. :D

The live-action sitcom The Tick was kind of stupid. The animated show (yes, with American Maid, De Fledermouse and Sewer Urchin as additional superheroes and Arthur as the sidekick) was very clever and fun.
Wag more.
Bark less.

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 10046
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:46 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:Yes! Thanks for tracing the origins of the Tick-- I'm interested in that kind of thing, having become a comic book geek by marrying one. :D

The live-action sitcom The Tick was kind of stupid. The animated show (yes, with American Maid, De Fledermouse and Sewer Urchin as additional superheroes and Arthur as the sidekick) was very clever and fun.
I never heard of the sit com. the animated version was fun and cleaver.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Post Reply