El Shaddi

Discuss Biblical and theological support for concept that Bible teaches equality between sexes.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Re: El Shaddi

Post by Metacrock » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:38 pm

ZAROVE wrote:I posted this in the other thread but here is a good place sinc eyou asked for Jewish soruces.

If you really need outside sources ( as opposed to the ones Metacrock already provided which proves me right) try these by the way.

such a little bully boy.

why are my sources not "outside"? what does that mean anyway?

why do you think my sources prove you right? I already disproved that before you even said I. Remember? I told you that you would try to claim that since some scholars don't agree that proves you right.t no it id doesn't!

that's not how it's done. you don't get proved right just because someone agrees with you. Obviously the truth is there's diversity of opinion that doesn't prove you are right.

what proves you are wrong is the list of a dozen verses tha tlink God with the female in other ways.

Your opposition to the interpretation is based upon fear of a political score not the truth about linguistics.

Look little majesty you are beaten!
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Note, this one even mentions Harriet Lutzky, and says she’s a Professor of Psychology, not a Hebrew Scholar. Her “Evidence” was base don her own biases, but picked up by those who want to show off their tolerance and diversity and how modern they are.

Before her, no one connected El Shaddai with motherly imagery.

Here are a few more Jewish Sources.

Look at this! there are two people talking in that source! do you understand that two people not just her two of them. Yes she's a shrink the onter one is not. He's a graduate in language major and he sites the dictionary. wake up smell the coffee.

learn to deal with sources honestly.l

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:02 pm

ZAROVE wrote:
I posted this in the other thread but here is a good place sinc eyou asked for Jewish soruces.

If you really need outside sources ( as opposed to the ones Metacrock already provided which proves me right) try these by the way.

http://www.hebrewletters.com/item.cfm?itemid=45299
This is the one I used first. It's on Doxa. It says Breast, it does not say you are right. It does not confirm your view. you are confusing diversity of opinion with support for you. You can't work it that way. you can't say if there's a disagreement among scholars that proves you are right. No it does not! It proves they don't know.

Maybe if you weren't so hung up on being right all the time you could think properly.

this really saddens me greatly. I see that you are so totally dishonest, youo are distorting the facts, and twisting the sources.

Note: I know you’ll read part of this as confirmation of your Bias, but just because it says “Provider and sustainers” doesn’t mean “Womans breast as she provides and sustains her baby”. Men were providers and sustainers, too, and nothing conotate nursing.
Just because feminists may like that idea doesn't' make it wrong and it doesn't' disprove it. that is no way to do linguistics. that's nothing more than twisting the truth in order to support your political bull shit.

your little quip about confirmation bias (I really thought you were above cheap atheist tricks) is nothing more than what you are dong and you know it. you practically admitted it. You actually tired to use it as an argument.

Not a scholarly source. He's just repeating the standard BS that he got form the same sources you used already so that doesn't' count as anything.

This is another article on it.

http://pediaview.com/openpedia/El_Shaddai

the accadian word that the one before Lustsky mentions has always been linked to breast.

Note, this one even mentions Harriet Lutzky, and says she’s a Professor of Psychology, not a Hebrew Scholar. Her “Evidence” was base don her own biases, but picked up by those who want to show off their tolerance and diversity and how modern they are.

Before her, no one connected El Shaddai with motherly imagery.

Here are a few more Jewish Sources.

http://www.ou.org/torah/tt/5762/vaera62 ... atures.htm

that hardly demonstrates that she is the only one who thinks that. you are still playing dishonest games by trying to built guilt by association. The shrink this this not the linguist. that doesn't mean other linguists don't think so too.

My evidence mentioned her but it did not use her as the evidence. It was a dialogue and the evidence came from a language student and he appealed to the Tendrils Hebrew dictionary.

VERY VERY Dishonest![/quote]

you just conveniently ignore every single quote I used so that way you can foment the illusion that all the scholars sport you and all the feminists support me.

blue Letter bible!

Blue letter Bible agrees with me!

you do not have a single source on a par with that in your whole arsenal. Most of your sources are not scholarly. I quoted two Hebrew dictionaries and a Christian dictionary and several scholars and references to Talmidic rabbis.

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Meta, let me explain somethigh to you.

Actually, reexplain. And moe than one. Follow the Bullet

1: The fact that there is disagreement on the origin of the word El Shaddai proves that we can't say it came from "Breast." Its still a rather obscure word origin which is not truly known.

You should acknowledge this atleast.

2: The word "Breast" is not feminine ina nd of itself. ts not like only women have Breasts. Can ou acknowledge this?

3" Hebrew is not Greek. The Rules of Grammar and word structure are radically different.

I'll go into more detail when not doign other htings. Ibecame unexpecteldy busy.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:32 pm

ZAROVE wrote:Meta, let me explain somethigh to you.

Actually, reexplain. And moe than one. Follow the Bullet

1: The fact that there is disagreement on the origin of the word El Shaddai proves that we can't say it came from "Breast." Its still a rather obscure word origin which is not truly known.

You should acknowledge this atleast.

2: The word "Breast" is not feminine ina nd of itself. ts not like only women have Breasts. Can ou acknowledge this?

3" Hebrew is not Greek. The Rules of Grammar and word structure are radically different.

I'll go into more detail when not doign other htings. Ibecame unexpecteldy busy.

let me explain something to you. you are a butt hole. You chassed off another poster with your arrogance and rudness when other posters are telling you that your attitude sux. So you are clearly not willing to enter into discussing in the true spirit of a meeting of the minds. you talked to kristen like she's your servant. I wont have that.

You either apologize to her to get the fuck off and don't come back understand?

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:55 am

Oliveber wrote:Linguistic scholars criticize him for making the freshman mistake of linking word gender to meaning. The thing is if you accept your argument that breast is a masculine word then Graves is right that Spirit is a feminine.
good points. excellent points.I tried to say that to him but I was too angry at the time.