For Zor: your edification 1 Tim 2:11-15

Discuss Biblical and theological support for concept that Bible teaches equality between sexes.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
For Zor: your edification 1 Tim 2:11-15

Post by Metacrock » Sun May 25, 2008 11:48 am

this is long. It will be several pages. Please read them all before commenting. I beseach you in the bowls of Christ to read all these pages and you can read the original which has the links

please look at the links.

http://www.doxa.ws/social/Women/teach.html
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Metacrock

Re: For Zor: your edification 1 Tim 2:11-15

Post by Metacrock » Sun May 25, 2008 12:04 pm

There is a coviot. on page 2 where I deal with the word authento, meaning to have authority the preponderance of the scholarly evidence now rules out any sort of violent meaning for the word. that aspect of my page is outdated. I haven't had time to re write it. IT will require a major overhaul. But even without that argument I the overall argument I'm making carries.

there is still a good scholarly preponderance of evidence for the argument that the term was unusual and the phrase can't be taken to refer to an ordinary sense of authority in the church.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

ZAROVE

Re: For Zor: your edification 1 Tim 2:11-15

Post by ZAROVE » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:25 pm

This is old but, we have a 2000 year traditional unerstanding o this verse. it is wreitten in such a way that woudl say that men teach in the hurch. This is how its always been understood since the Church Fathers. I fiund no reason to beleive it doesn't mean what it says.