Ancient Matriarchy

Discuss Biblical and theological support for concept that Bible teaches equality between sexes.

Moderator:Metacrock

Superfund
Ancient Matriarchy

Post by Superfund » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:12 am

I've read about ancient matriarchy on and off for some time and recently I found this site and i quite liked it :)
Might give some people some food for thought if they'd care to take a look.

http://www.mother-god.com/matriarchy.html

Metacrock

Re: Ancient Matriarchy

Post by Metacrock » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Superfund wrote:I've read about ancient matriarchy on and off for some time and recently I found this site and i quite liked it :)
Might give some people some food for thought if they'd care to take a look.

http://www.mother-god.com/matriarchy.html
I am not commenting on your source but a lot of the evidence for that has been fake and circular. Those 19th century English guys who claimed to find evidence of it were just supporting their fetishes and citing each other, so they had a citation circle rather than real evidence.

People who defend that use as their primary source of defense "O well you must be hung up on Patriarchy." But that's not research. One of the most effective debunckers is a woman who studies ancinet Summer; Tichva Frymere-Kensky, see In the Wake of the Godesses.

http://www.amazon.com/Wake-Goddesses-Cu ... 0449907465
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Superfund

Post by Superfund » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:49 am

From what i can tell its an absence of any evidence really.

Its a shame their isnt more because i dont disbelieve in the idea of goddess at all. look at the state the Catholic church is in now its only the Mary cults that keep it going the community

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Superfund wrote:From what i can tell its an absence of any evidence really.

Its a shame their isnt more because i dont disbelieve in the idea of goddess at all. look at the state the Catholic church is in now its only the Mary cults that keep it going the community

yea there's really no evidence except in ancient Turkey and the coast of Phrigia. Some of that is good evidence.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:28 pm

Regarding Matriarchy, we have no evidence form any time that any culture worshipped a central female Deity known as “The Goddess”, or ever have a Matriarchy. We know full well there were wars always. Even those “goddess statues” people talk about ar eonly a small fraction, most of which were goats and sheep and other livestock, all found in the Trash and likely educational toys for Children.

I’m sorry but I don’t buy it.

In regards to Catholicism, to say its in a sad state and only the Mary Cults keep it up is absurd. While Catholicism has always put a good deal of energy into Marian Devotions, Jesus still receives far more praise than his Mother, and plenty of Catholics I know DON’T have a Marian Devotion.