How was your day?

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator:Metacrock

KR Wordgazer
How was your day?

Post by KR Wordgazer » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:29 am

Here's a place to share the mundane, the simple, the daily life stuff-- to get to know each other a little better. :D

Today, I was sick. Bad cold. Went to work anyway because it's the end of the month and payroll and billing has to be gotten ready to be done tomorrow. Which means that I have to go to work tomorrow, sick or not.

But I came home early today and crashed, and probably will tomorrow. My 13-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son were also sick with this cold, but my daughter is old enough and felt well enough to watch her brother, so I could work. Tomorrow they're home anyway-- teacher prep day.

I hope they'll both be well tomorrow. My husband, who first caught this and gave it to the rest of us, is getting better now.

So how was your day?
Wag more.
Bark less.

ZAROVE

Re: How was your day?

Post by ZAROVE » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:57 am

I'm a night person.

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:30 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:Here's a place to share the mundane, the simple, the daily life stuff-- to get to know each other a little better. :D

Today, I was sick. Bad cold. Went to work anyway because it's the end of the month and payroll and billing has to be gotten ready to be done tomorrow. Which means that I have to go to work tomorrow, sick or not.

But I came home early today and crashed, and probably will tomorrow. My 13-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son were also sick with this cold, but my daughter is old enough and felt well enough to watch her brother, so I could work. Tomorrow they're home anyway-- teacher prep day.

I hope they'll both be well tomorrow. My husband, who first caught this and gave it to the rest of us, is getting better now.

So how was your day?
Better than yours, I'm guessin. I took 4 of my grandchillins ice skating. They were doing great until they heard the ice snap, crackle, pop... the sun was just starting to go down and the temperature was changing and the whole lake was acting like a plastic coke bottle in the cold. It was getting too cool to skate anymore anyways. When the sun sets around here it is like pulling the plug and all the warmth gets sucked down with it. :roll:

How are you feelin? For colds, you can't beat the 4 S routine: Soup, Socks, Scarf, Sleep, in that order. Chicken soup, hot, put on your sox and scarf and go to bed. It helps if you gargle with peroxide too. You can cut it with water if you're whimpy... ;) Oh, and some sympathy helps too.

Hugs prayers Hope you're feeling all better soon,
unred
The truth will stand with you but man-made doctrines will melt away like cowards in the battle.

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:31 pm

ZAROVE wrote:I'm a night person.
So how is your night going? 8-)
The truth will stand with you but man-made doctrines will melt away like cowards in the battle.

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:44 am

Starting to feel better, Unred, thanks for asking :) Still not up to posting a lot, though. See you all later!
Wag more.
Bark less.

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:28 am

Having warm days here now. For a while, at least. My internet connection sux, but this is temporary, so I am just checking to see how everyone is around here. How did you guys like my new abstract avatar? :mrgreen:

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi, Unred! :D We had a little snow here last week-- very late in the season for this part of Oregon! Now it's back to normal Oregon showers and sun.

I don't know if you're referring to your current avatar. It's funny. It makes me feel a bit dizzy, looking at it.

I need to figure out how to crop a digital picture of myself and make it the right size for an avatar. For now, I'm stuck with the butterfly. :lol:

We had a great vacation! Trees of Mystery is a wonderful tourist spot, deep in the California Redwood Forest. We rode a cable lift right to the top of the mountain and looked out over the ocean. It was so sublime, it just took our breaths away.

We also went to West Coast Game Park and petted a baby cougar and a baby wallaby!
Wag more.
Bark less.

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:35 pm

thanks... I wish I could remember what I do to change mine. LOL.... I just fiddle with it until something works and then I completely forget how I did it. That would account for the sky hole in my forehead there. Well, keep working on it, or find a 10 yr old to do it for you! They know how to do everything on computer! Me an Haz are the only ones with our actual picture on here. :D ;)

Your day sounded so great... it made me want to go there and check it out... you're good... you could be a travel agent!