Danny Abdul Dayem - The Massacre in Syria

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

sgttomas
Danny Abdul Dayem - The Massacre in Syria

Post by sgttomas » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:36 pm

In case you haven't heard.

Oh ALLAH, Oh Most Merciful of those who show Mercy, bring these tyrants to and end and grant peace to the oppressed.
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

mdsimpson92

Re: Danny Abdul Dayem - The Massacre in Syria

Post by mdsimpson92 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:01 pm

sgttomas wrote:In case you haven't heard.

Oh ALLAH, Oh Most Merciful of those who show Mercy, bring these tyrants to and end and grant peace to the oppressed.

China and Russia seem to be the obstructions here. Turkey is the one with the ability to put assad out. I don't think the US and EU have the political currency with Russia and China blocking the UN. China will go along with Russia, and Russia feels threatened with losing their last foothold in the Middleeast and with protests in their backyard.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:24 pm

What you are saying is both true, in some worldly sense, and also so utterly, detestably, egregiously wrong.

This is our world.

We made it.

God help us.

We will have a lot to account for on Judgment Day.
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:49 pm

They will justify it behind national sovereignty. Which will stall the West (for now) who don't want to butt heads with them. Turkey and the Arab League will be the powers that need to get the gears moving. They can apply the pressure. Turkey has the military to set up a refuge zone.

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:23 pm

This pathetic little man; who gives such vermin power and respect? Only others who are just as contemptible.

The righteous warrior is not a job without need of filling.

I recognize the complexity of the situation.

This world we made.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:21 am

sgttomas wrote:This pathetic little man; who gives such vermin power and respect? Only others who are just as contemptible.

The righteous warrior is not a job without need of filling.

I recognize the complexity of the situation.

This world we made.
I did hear that the US military is considering options, but at this point I find it unlikely for the moment. But at the moment Turkey is the only one with the military and the will to use it, though Iran may not react well and could cut off oil to Turkey in response. Then again the Arab league could shore it up in reaction.

Here's to Assad's overthrow. May he fall like Gadaffi (though not so brutally executed).

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:21 pm

The UN General Assembly just passed a measure condemning Assad and asking him to step down. Unfortunately, it is non-binding, but hopefully it will put some pressure on Russia.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:09 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:The UN General Assembly just passed a measure condemning Assad and asking him to step down. Unfortunately, it is non-binding, but hopefully it will put some pressure on Russia.
I doubt we will intervene. too close to the election. What they are doing really sux. They are truly criminal.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief