Shift in China's Economic policy

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

mdsimpson92
Re: Shift in China's Economic policy

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Metacrock wrote:they have more exploiters of the environment too. Potentially so. but hey who are we to talk?
Not to mention they have the excuse of having 4 times as many people.They know they have limited resources, that was one of the reasons they implemented family planning ( or the one child policy as Americans like to call it).
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:43 pm

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:they have more exploiters of the environment too. Potentially so. but hey who are we to talk?
Not to mention they have the excuse of having 4 times as many people.They know they have limited resources, that was one of the reasons they implemented family planning ( or the one child policy as Americans like to call it).
I know. we have to be friends with that many of anything. :mrgreen:
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Metacrock wrote:I know. we have to be friends with that many of anything.
mdsimpson92 wrote:
I know. we have to be friends with that many of anything. :mrgreen:
Actually here is a paper on the Beijing conensus by the guy who coined the term. He seems to think in the long term, China will not be the new model due to the fact that their growth was not due to state management (largely, he does give exceptions) but to the liberalization of its institutions.

http://www.nbr.org/publications/asia_po ... iamson.pdf

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:45 am

I saw a thing on china on PBS I think it was a report for the News hour. They have a propaganda machine that masquerades as a news organization in the west. CCN. Something like that. they tell their guys as reporters their job is propaganda. They have these confusion institutes that are part of the propaganda machine but are supposed to be academic. Confucius not confusion. :mrgreen:

see they can't be any good they have propaganda. unlike us! we don't have no propaganda we have truth! :D

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:33 am

Metacrock wrote:I saw a thing on china on PBS I think it was a report for the News hour. They have a propaganda machine that masquerades as a news organization in the west. CCN. Something like that. they tell their guys as reporters their job is propaganda. They have these confusion institutes that are part of the propaganda machine but are supposed to be academic. Confucius not confusion. :mrgreen:

see they can't be any good they have propaganda. unlike us! we don't have no propaganda we have truth! :D
Lol. We have a Confucius institute in Ku. It really is funny. Their state capitalism (on top of women's rights) is something that Confucius would have hated. He always considered the merchant class to be parasites.

But yes, one of my teacher's has to self edit his work in order to protect his colleages in China.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:09 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:I saw a thing on china on PBS I think it was a report for the News hour. They have a propaganda machine that masquerades as a news organization in the west. CCN. Something like that. they tell their guys as reporters their job is propaganda. They have these confusion institutes that are part of the propaganda machine but are supposed to be academic. Confucius not confusion. :mrgreen:

Lol. We have a Confucius institute in Ku. It really is funny. Their state capitalism (on top of women's rights) is something that Confucius would have hated. He always considered the merchant class to be parasites.

But yes, one of my teacher's has to self edit his work in order to protect his colleages in China.
wow that's something. I can't imagine that.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:57 pm

It happens, oh, also quick news. Apparently China actually rans a large deficit with the US this Quarter. Probably just a random data point but it does show the decreasing number of exports China is having to deal with.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun May 06, 2012 8:44 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:It happens, oh, also quick news. Apparently China actually rans a large deficit with the US this Quarter. Probably just a random data point but it does show the decreasing number of exports China is having to deal with.
Now You want to talk about totalitarians. I really am afraid of China becuase of their lack of regard for human rights. That's not true of Cheese as a a whole but is true of the government.

Do you have any historical insight into dissenting movements in China?

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:21 pm

[quote="Metacrock"]Now You want to talk about totalitarians. I really am afraid of China becuase of their lack of regard for human rights. That's not true of Cheese as a a whole but is true of the government.[/quote

They have not been totalitarian since the era of Mao and the Cultural Revolution. What they are is what I would call "soft" authoritarianism. To be honest, they have in generally been improving slowly over the past 20 years. My professor in Chinese reform said that he and the locals can now do things today that would have gotten them arrested 10-20 years ago.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Metacrock wrote:
mdsimpson92 wrote:It happens, oh, also quick news. Apparently China actually rans a large deficit with the US this Quarter. Probably just a random data point but it does show the decreasing number of exports China is having to deal with.
Now You want to talk about totalitarians. I really am afraid of China becuase of their lack of regard for human rights. That's not true of Cheese as a a whole but is true of the government.

Do you have any historical insight into dissenting movements in China?
Well, in historical context there is the Chinese Mandate of Heaven that was conceived in the Zhou Dynasty when they overthrew the shang dynasty. In the old days, heaven would support what was considered the most virtuous family/rulers, but, eventually that family would become corrupt and would neglect their duties. Thus a new dynasty would overthrow the previous one, thus continuing the cycle.

If you are talking about today's protestors I believe they are called "rightful resistors" who use China's own laws when the courts fail, through protests and lawyers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rightful_resistance

Much of China's issues on human rights would be dealt with if they fully implemented the laws they have on paper. But that is the issue of implementing laws from central to local governments。 天高地远 "Heaven is high and the Emperor is far away."