Possible encirclement of China

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

mdsimpson92
Possible encirclement of China

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:54 pm

Indeed, the intention of the three democratic powers is to create an entente cordiale without transforming it into a formal military alliance, which they recognize would be counterproductive. Yet this entente could serve as an important strategic instrument to deter China’s rising power from sliding into arrogance. The three partners also seek to contribute to the construction of a stable, liberal, rules-based regional order.

After their recent first round of strategic dialogue in Washington, the US, Japan, and India will hold more structured discussions in Tokyo, aimed at strengthening trilateral coordination. Over time, the trilateral initiative could become quadrilateral with Australia’s inclusion. A parallel Australia-India-US axis, however, is likely to precede the formation of any quadrilateral partnership, especially in view of the earlier failure to launch such a four-party coalition.

Important shifts in American, Japanese, and Indian strategic preferences and policies, however, are needed to build meaningful trilateral collaboration. Japan, America’s treaty ally, has established military interoperability only with US forces. Following its 2008 security-cooperation declaration with India, Japan must also build interoperability with Indian naval forces, so that, as former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has said, “Japan’s navy and the Indian navy are seamlessly interconnected.”

American and Indian forces have conducted dozens of joint exercises in recent years, but some US analysts complain that India still hews to “nonalignment” in power politics by guarding its strategic autonomy. In reality, India is just being more cautious, because it is more vulnerable to direct Chinese pressure from across a long, disputed Himalayan border. Whereas Japan is separated from China by an ocean and the US is geographically distant, China has sharply escalated border violations and other incidents in recent years to increase pressure on India, even as the US has maintained tacit neutrality on Sino-Indian disputes.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

mdsimpson92

Re: Possible encirclement of China

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:58 pm

India's weapons testing has just launched a missile capable of hitting Beijing. The Indian Media have dubbed it the "China-killer"

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/New-Delh ... 24537.html

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:13 pm

So, nothing I guess.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:18 pm

We have to open up the cocaine and opium trade, send them opium pipes get them smoking again. that's the only way we are going to hand on to our posterity.

I think I've misanalysed the whole economic scene. front line had a devastating show on PBS about it. Yes I was right our leaders are corrupts the corroborations and banks are greedy that's all there. The real issue is China is taking more so we get less. the greedy American power structure is fighting over smaller pieces of pie.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:00 pm

Metacrock wrote:We have to open up the cocaine and opium trade, send them opium pipes get them smoking again. that's the only way we are going to hand on to our posterity.

I think I've misanalysed the whole economic scene. front line had a devastating show on PBS about it. Yes I was right our leaders are corrupts the corroborations and banks are greedy that's all there. The real issue is China is taking more so we get less. the greedy American power structure is fighting over smaller pieces of pie.
Well, I can't say that strategy isn't classical. That being said, manufacturing is starting to head back to the states and to south asia as China becomes a middle class economy. It wasn't too long ago (a few months) that China actually ran a deficit with the US. We need to regain some of our manufacturing ability in order to reinvigorate the middle class. That being said, China is still growing at an impressive rate.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed May 02, 2012 6:54 am

Hilary is taking it to them on human rights.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:42 am

Metacrock wrote: Hilary is taking it to them on human rights.
I would be extremely careful. The incident with Mr. Chen should be handled delicately. The Chinese are big on saving face and messing with internal affairs violates what they consider "The 5 Principles of Peaceful Coexistence"

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:42 am

Metacrock wrote: Hilary is taking it to them on human rights.
I would be extremely careful. The incident with Mr. Chen should be handled delicately. The Chinese are big on saving face and messing with internal affairs violates what they consider "The 5 Principles of Peaceful Coexistence"