Syrian uprising Allepo

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

mdsimpson92
Syrian uprising Allepo

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:44 am

Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

mdsimpson92

Re: Syrian uprising Allepo

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:08 pm

Nothing.... alright. ..

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:52 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:Nothing.... alright. ..
yea I don't know what to say other than "I hope they make it." I've been watching Syria for months now and rooting for the rebels. Their government sux. I hope they win now.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Fair enough. Aleppo seems to be make or break for the regime. If they lose they will fall. If not, the rebels will largely disappear again and then we're back to guerilla warfare.

Either way, the Kurds are the winners in this conflict.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 am

I was hoping they would hold allepo. It may be make for break for the regime but not for the rebels. they've been pushed out of every city they have taken but the regime is crumbling the rebels are still moving on. I don't think losing it is make or break for the rebels it's par for the course. But for the regime it may be.

The stupid dictators always want to fight to the death--the people's deaths. :!:

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am

Metacrock wrote:I was hoping they would hold allepo. It may be make for break for the regime but not for the rebels. they've been pushed out of every city they have taken but the regime is crumbling the rebels are still moving on. I don't think losing it is make or break for the rebels it's par for the course. But for the regime it may be.

The stupid dictators always want to fight to the death--the people's deaths. :!:
Oddly enough, I think the rebels are actually playing a smart game. I don't think they should try to take entire cities in the region. I think strategically, but coldly, they are attracting Assad's soldiers into attacking cities that are neutral or sympathetic to Assad, as thus making Assad alienate the people there. They should concentrate on control over the countryside really, take parts of cities, make Assad alienate the populace, and then dissapear. A bit Maoist in strategy actually.

Now Meta, lets not stereotype all dictators shall we. So far 3 out of the 4 dictators overthrown got the hell out of dodge or gave up before it came to civil war.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:51 am

I agree about the Rebels being smart not to bet the far on taking cities. I think they weaken the regime more by taking cities or short times and then moving on. The Regime has taken some heavy hits.

As for the stereotype, that's true of most but the really fanatically insane one's like Hitler and Gaddafi fight to the end, although they did both hide in bunkers at the very end.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Metacrock wrote:I agree about the Rebels being smart not to bet the far on taking cities. I think they weaken the regime more by taking cities or short times and then moving on. The Regime has taken some heavy hits.

As for the stereotype, that's true of most but the really fanatically insane one's like Hitler and Gaddafi fight to the end, although they did both hide in bunkers at the very end.
I guess we can semi-add Saddam to that list as well. Though again, Egypt, Yemen, and Tunisia stepped down or gott the hell out of dodge.

Aleppo is looking like one giant stalemate.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:14 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:I agree about the Rebels being smart not to bet the far on taking cities. I think they weaken the regime more by taking cities or short times and then moving on. The Regime has taken some heavy hits.

I guess we can semi-add Saddam to that list as well. Though again, Egypt, Yemen, and Tunisia stepped down or gott the hell out of dodge.

Aleppo is looking like one giant stalemate.
o yes, lets.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:22 pm

:mrgreen: sarcasm noted