Lybian attack

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Lybian attack

Post by Metacrock » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:16 am

I think that is a cowardly act. I don't why those guys have such a cowardly understanding of their own actions. The people of Lybia I think are embarrassed by it and they don't like it either.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Re: Lybian attack

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:27 am

Agreed. They are probably just using the film as a excuse for what they were already planning. Apparently, the US is considering the use of drones to hunt the conspirators down. . . Not sure how the Libyan government will react to that.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:11 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:Agreed. They are probably just using the film as a excuse for what they were already planning. Apparently, the US is considering the use of drones to hunt the conspirators down. . . Not sure how the Libyan government will react to that.
what's the Chinese reaction? Do you actually go to class there? How free are they to talk about stuff?

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Metacrock wrote:
mdsimpson92 wrote:Agreed. They are probably just using the film as a excuse for what they were already planning. Apparently, the US is considering the use of drones to hunt the conspirators down. . . Not sure how the Libyan government will react to that.
what's the Chinese reaction? Do you actually go to class there? How free are they to talk about stuff?
Chinese condemn the attack. They are not fans of islamic extremism. I am indeed going to class there to study Chinese (with a bit of economics on the side). I can talk pretty freely as long as I'm not shouting it from the rooftops or publishing anything that paints them in a negative light they really don't care. They have had a huge improvement over 20 years ago.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:42 am

One amusing note. I saw a report on news that Lybians are protesting the attack and saying "we are sorry, U.S> don't hate us" and stuff like that. one guy had a sign that said "we condemn this "pheavior." he spelled "behavior" with a P. I thought "ah, a fellow dyslexic." I guess the P sound is a lot like the B sound, so he's not reading English just hearing it spoken.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:52 am

I also heard a lot of the egyptian protesters were actually paid to riot (not all of them mind you).