Geniuses in Texas!

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Geniuses in Texas!

Post by Metacrock » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:48 am

Now there are geniuses here talking about seceding from the union. Texas getting out of the union. Do they know it was tried before? Like I say,they are geniuses.

They lose two elections and that's it man! I guess I might have to move after all.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Re: Geniuses in Texas!

Post by mdsimpson92 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:51 am

Metacrock wrote:Now there are geniuses here talking about seceding from the union. Texas getting out of the union. Do they know it was tried before? Like I say,they are geniuses.

They lose two elections and that's it man! I guess I might have to move after all.
Charming bunch. Isn't there like a law in Texas that allows it to break up into 4 states or something?
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

fleetmouse

Post by fleetmouse » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:22 pm

NO! Don't let it metastasize!

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:56 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:Now there are geniuses here talking about seceding from the union. Texas getting out of the union. Do they know it was tried before? Like I say,they are geniuses.

Charming bunch. Isn't there like a law in Texas that allows it to break up into 4 states or something?
I've heard that but I have no confirmation that it's real. Supposedly that was put in in the original agreement where Texas signed on with the union. 1846. I doubt it would ever be honored by the U.S. Feds, notice this was the civil war but they took a dim view of our joining the confederacy.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:58 am

fleetmouse wrote:NO! Don't let it metastasize!
ROTFLOL! fortunately a counter anti-secession movement is started. Austin is the culturally progressive part of Texas. Of course the counter movement is in Austin. They have petition that says "we want Austin to stay in the Union."

60,000 people have singed the secession petition. I might have to Canada after all. :shock:

fleetmouse

Post by fleetmouse » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:33 pm

http://americablog.com/2012/11/draft-le ... ecede.html

"If Texas wants to go, let it — but make sure it pays us back the billions it took from us first."
It’s well-known that red states generally take back more federal money than they give, with Mother Jones nothing that “Republican states, on average, received $1.46 in federal spending for every tax dollar paid.” (They also love their pork.) While it’s true that Texas remains one of the few red states that bucks this trend, there’s plenty of other Perry-mooching that can be reimbursed, with those checks written back to President Obama and Uncle Sam.

Specifically, while Rick Perry condemned the president’s stimulus as “failed” and “misguided,” the governor quietly took $17.4 billion in those “failed” stimulus funds to plug the holes in Texas’ budget – twice.

The state’s own House Appropriations chair added that “when you’re short of money and a pot of money shows up, it’s hard for politicians or budget writers to turn it down.” Mind you, the state had billions stored in a rainy day fund, but instead chose to suck off the federal teat, simply because it was convenient, or as Bill O’Reilly would put it: Texans “wants stuff.”

It didn’t stop there with Perry and the stimulus. Perry went so far as to say that the stimulus “didn’t create any jobs,” leaving out the fact that stimulus funds created or saved almost 50,000 jobs in Texas alone, according to the Houston Chronicle. That same stimulus also plugged a hole in the state’s Medicaid funding, saved child abuse caseworker jobs, and funded child-care and job training programs.

President Obama will accept that $17.4 bn check, and the return of those jobs to the United States, before you leave, Mr. Perry.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:59 am

fleetmouse wrote:http://americablog.com/2012/11/draft-le ... ecede.html

"If Texas wants to go, let it — but make sure it pays us back the billions it took from us first."
It’s well-known that red states generally take back more federal money than they give, with Mother Jones nothing that “Republican states, on average, received $1.46 in federal spending for every tax dollar paid.” (They also love their pork.) While it’s true that Texas remains one of the few red states that bucks this trend, there’s plenty of other Perry-mooching that can be reimbursed, with those checks written back to President Obama and Uncle Sam.

Specifically, while Rick Perry condemned the president’s stimulus as “failed” and “misguided,” the governor quietly took $17.4 billion in those “failed” stimulus funds to plug the holes in Texas’ budget – twice.

The state’s own House Appropriations chair added that “when you’re short of money and a pot of money shows up, it’s hard for politicians or budget writers to turn it down.” Mind you, the state had billions stored in a rainy day fund, but instead chose to suck off the federal teat, simply because it was convenient, or as Bill O’Reilly would put it: Texans “wants stuff.”

It didn’t stop there with Perry and the stimulus. Perry went so far as to say that the stimulus “didn’t create any jobs,” leaving out the fact that stimulus funds created or saved almost 50,000 jobs in Texas alone, according to the Houston Chronicle. That same stimulus also plugged a hole in the state’s Medicaid funding, saved child abuse caseworker jobs, and funded child-care and job training programs.

President Obama will accept that $17.4 bn check, and the return of those jobs to the United States, before you leave, Mr. Perry.

yes they have been having stuff like that on local news broadcasts. Wait until they find out the Cowboys may not be able to play teams form other states, since they will need passports, and the state department might not let them come if they want to punish us for leaving U.S. The housing starts that have given our economy life will dry up becuase all those Yankies want to live in the U.S. The government contracts we depend on for the N.Texas area will cease at once. The GM plant in Arlington will have to hire scabs because United Auto Workers are not an international union.

I don't know if they are or not but I'm sure if Texas became a country on its own all unions would have to re negotiate the contracts. Since Texas is a right to work states the unions might just leave then the union workers trapped in Texas would strike.