Here goes lil' Kim again

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

mdsimpson92
Re: Here goes lil' Kim again

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:20 am

fleetmouse wrote:I read that some insider in North Korea said Kim is posturing to the world because he's too young and inexperienced to take command of the military... it's all bluster. Which is an interesting dynamic - if the military isn't fully under his control then there could eventually be a coup. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm sure much of the military brass is as corrupt and selfish as him and his father.

(wish I remembered where I read that - I scan waaaay too many headlines in an RSS reader daily)
Coup?I don't think so, they kind of have a strong cult of personality within that country. Kim Jung Un as a puppet however........

And whose to say he isn't now. Though I here good news from the US navy that they have set up missile defense systems in the area, they should be able to intercept anything they fire holding a nuclear payload (if they even have that capacity).
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:49 am

It's not good. However consoling the conventional wisdom on the matter, it's a nervous time.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

fleetmouse

Post by fleetmouse » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:32 pm

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:01 am

I don't know.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief