China's toxic harvest

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

fleetmouse
China's toxic harvest

Post by fleetmouse » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:15 am

Pretty busy but had to post this here:

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/world ... es-protest

Miles, does this get talked about in the street, the media?

mdsimpson92

Re: China's toxic harvest

Post by mdsimpson92 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:47 am

It's pretty well known by people, though not often talked about here. Cancer rates are going up in cities as well, but that is mainly due to smoking and air pollution.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:07 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:It's pretty well known by people, though not often talked about here. Cancer rates are going up in cities as well, but that is mainly due to smoking and air pollution.
What is the level of civil liberties?
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Metacrock wrote:
mdsimpson92 wrote:It's pretty well known by people, though not often talked about here. Cancer rates are going up in cities as well, but that is mainly due to smoking and air pollution.

Can you make that question a bit more specific?

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat May 11, 2013 7:47 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:

Can you make that question a bit more specific?
if you stood on the street corner and chanted slogans agaisnt government policy would they arrest you?

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:39 am

That would depend on what I was criticizing. If it was something about local corruption and health standards or the environment, the most they would probably do is ask me not to be so loud about it. If it was against the central government about one party rule, they would probably take me in briefly with a warning or kick me out.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue May 14, 2013 4:52 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:That would depend on what I was criticizing. If it was something about local corruption and health standards or the environment, the most they would probably do is ask me not to be so loud about it. If it was against the central government about one party rule, they would probably take me in briefly with a warning or kick me out.
But what would they do to their own guys?

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:34 am

Metacrock wrote:
mdsimpson92 wrote:That would depend on what I was criticizing. If it was something about local corruption and health standards or the environment, the most they would probably do is ask me not to be so loud about it. If it was against the central government about one party rule, they would probably take me in briefly with a warning or kick me out.
Depends on the area. in the South where things are away from the capital. If someone were to openly prostelitize or protests, he or she would probably just start off with a warning. Organized articles against the central government could end with more severe punishments however. Depends on the local government.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:34 am

Metacrock wrote:
Depends on the area. in the South where things are away from the capital. If someone were to openly prostelitize or protests, he or she would probably just start off with a warning. Organized articles against the central government could end with more severe punishments however. Depends on the local government.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue May 14, 2013 3:00 pm

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:

guess I'll have to go there and see. ok you talked me into it. send me a ticket. :mrgreen: