Male Disposability

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

mdsimpson92
Male Disposability

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:29 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA

I found this and found it fairly interesting. Note, that the person is VERY critical of the feminist movement. Still worth a watch.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Re: Male Disposability

Post by Metacrock » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:49 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA

I found this and found it fairly interesting. Note, that the person is VERY critical of the feminist movement. Still worth a watch.

I've always noticed that kind of thing. The thing is feminism is one of those things; justice demands that we pay attention to it. Becuase they are human many of it's proponents are useless selfish whiners. Have been trained to accept automatic entitlement. But it's not as though we men don't have our own areas where we feel that way too.

Not all women are that way. Lot's of women see through that. The Egal women (Christian movement women's equality) of which our own Wordgazer is an active participant, some of those women understand that stuff and see it and call other women on it. Those are the best feminists I know. they are the most just fair to men that I know.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:21 pm

The Manhood movement, or whatever it's called, is I think largely based on privilege distress. It's very real distress, and I sympathize, but vilifying feminism is not the answer:

http://weeklysift.com/2012/09/10/the-di ... rivileged/
Wag more.
Bark less.

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:45 pm

One more thing about this. What the woman in the video is describing-- the "women and children" first mentality, is actually part of the overarching, traditional social mindset which feminists call "the patriarchy." Despite this woman's hostility, feminists actually agree with her! The patriarchy actually does hurt both men and women by reducing each to a role rather than seeing them as individuals. This is exactly what feminism (not the radical, man-hating kind, but mainstream feminism) is fighting for-- the ability of men and women to be viewed as individuals and not seen as needing to be restricted because they're female, or disposable because they're male.

The manhood movement needs to stop blaming feminism for what is really the patriarchy's fault.
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:53 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:The Manhood movement, or whatever it's called, is I think largely based on privilege distress. It's very real distress, and I sympathize, but vilifying feminism is not the answer:

http://weeklysift.com/2012/09/10/the-di ... rivileged/
I agree. I used to read a lot of that "male movement" stuff. Some of it had good ponits, and heart breaking stories. A lot of it just seemed like they are going out of their way to whine.

Every time a woman takes advantage of a man it's not feminism.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:56 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:One more thing about this. What the woman in the video is describing-- the "women and children" first mentality, is actually part of the overarching, traditional social mindset which feminists call "the patriarchy." Despite this woman's hostility, feminists actually agree with her! The patriarchy actually does hurt both men and women by reducing each to a role rather than seeing them as individuals. This is exactly what feminism (not the radical, man-hating kind, but mainstream feminism) is fighting for-- the ability of men and women to be viewed as individuals and not seen as needing to be restricted because they're female, or disposable because they're male.

The manhood movement needs to stop blaming feminism for what is really the patriarchy's fault.
Good point. male dominated society tried to train women to be that way. It's a trophy symbol, conspicuous leisure, I'm so successful I can afford to have a wife who is selfish, silly, and useless and who can't do anything but shop and model. Being selfish is just part of the role.