Billionaire Home Depot Founder Says Pope Francis Is Alienati

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

Magritte
Billionaire Home Depot Founder Says Pope Francis Is Alienati

Post by Magritte » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:38 pm

Billionaire Home Depot Founder Says Pope Francis Is Alienating The Rich
Billionaire Home Depot founder Ken Langone has a warning for Pope Francis.

A major Republican donor, Langone told CNBC in a story published online Monday that wealthy people such as himself might stop giving to charity if the Pope continues to make statements criticizing capitalism and income inequality.

Langone described the Pope's comments about a "culture of prosperity" as "exclusionary" statements that may make some of the rich "incapable of feeling compassion for the poor."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/k ... pe-francis
One of the hallmarks of freedom is that when you recognize someone is being intellectually dishonest or arguing with you in bad faith, you have the option to walk away without being punished, imprisoned or tortured.

Metacrock

Re: Billionaire Home Depot Founder Says Pope Francis Is Alie

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Magritte wrote:Billionaire Home Depot Founder Says Pope Francis Is Alienating The Rich
Billionaire Home Depot founder Ken Langone has a warning for Pope Francis.

A major Republican donor, Langone told CNBC in a story published online Monday that wealthy people such as himself might stop giving to charity if the Pope continues to make statements criticizing capitalism and income inequality.

Langone described the Pope's comments about a "culture of prosperity" as "exclusionary" statements that may make some of the rich "incapable of feeling compassion for the poor."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/k ... pe-francis
doesn't your political view call for voting?
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Yeah, well, the Pharisees probably would have said that Jesus was "alienating" them as well. And the Bible is full of denouncements of powerful people who use their wealth to oppress others in order to gain more wealth.

If the guy doesn't want to give to Catholic or other Christian charities because of this, that would be his prerogative. But it's not the Pope he should be angry at, but at Christianity itself.
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:44 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:Yeah, well, the Pharisees probably would have said that Jesus was "alienating" them as well. And the Bible is full of denouncements of powerful people who use their wealth to oppress others in order to gain more wealth.

If the guy doesn't want to give to Catholic or other Christian charities because of this, that would be his prerogative. But it's not the Pope he should be angry at, but at Christianity itself.
he says Francis is his alie?

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:25 pm

Nah. The message board cut off the end of the word "alienated." :lol:
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:10 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:Nah. The message board cut off the end of the word "alienated." :lol:
I see. I thought he was saying he's one of those alien worhsiping Catholics. you seen that? See Metacrock's blog: the day evangelical Christianity stood still.

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:47 am

Yes, I read that! Thought it was weird! And yeah, I thought of that too when I first read the title of this thread. :lol:
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:24 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:Yes, I read that! Thought it was weird! And yeah, I thought of that too when I first read the title of this thread. :lol:
My sister is really into that. The more I crticize it she says "that's not what they are saying."
so then I read their stuff and they are saying it. One of us is nuts.

Magritte

Post by Magritte » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:00 pm

Uhhh, I just googled around and found some links and videos about how Pope Francis is going to endorse an alien antichrist world leader or something to that effect. Is that what you guys are talking about? I didn't do much reading / viewing on it because it's painfully crazy.
One of the hallmarks of freedom is that when you recognize someone is being intellectually dishonest or arguing with you in bad faith, you have the option to walk away without being punished, imprisoned or tortured.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Magritte wrote:Uhhh, I just googled around and found some links and videos about how Pope Francis is going to endorse an alien antichrist world leader or something to that effect. Is that what you guys are talking about? I didn't do much reading / viewing on it because it's painfully crazy.
yes. google Metacrock's blog "the day evangelical Christianity stood still."

here it is. what the heck.

http://metacrock.blogspot.com/2013/06/t ... stood.html

Klatoo Barata Nicto :mrgreen: