splc

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
splc

Post by Metacrock » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:40 am

sorry to see the soutern poverty law center being attacked. it looks like they may have gone radical in the end. they used to be good now it seems like they label any and all conservative Christian group as a hate group for believing the bible (literally for saying gayness is a sin).
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Magritte

Re: splc

Post by Magritte » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:59 am

One of the hallmarks of freedom is that when you recognize someone is being intellectually dishonest or arguing with you in bad faith, you have the option to walk away without being punished, imprisoned or tortured.

Metacrock

Re: splc

Post by Metacrock » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:09 pm

That's an accurate portrail of the religious right's take on the gay movement. that's especially true of fear that allowing gays to marry will destroy hetero marriage. That idea is ridiculous if you think about it. I think divorce does more to destroy marriage.

That doesn't mean that all conservative religious people who take seriously what the bible says about gay relations being a sin, are evil hateful bigoted fool who are just persecuting helplessness people.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief