two interviews of me on pod cast

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
two interviews of me on pod cast

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:36 pm

talking about my book of course.

I can't believe I sound like that.

http://www.theopologetics.com/?feed=podcast

http://www.cyiworldwide.com/deeper-waters-archives
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

met

Re: two interviews of me on pod cast

Post by met » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:56 pm

Links don't work for me.

Here's a better one,for the second site, anyway - http://www.cyiworldwide.com/17/post/201 ... inman.html

'Deeper waters' podcast doesn't seem to have too good sound.... you do sound a bit like that over the phone, tho ;) Well, maybe we meet in person, someday, then I'll know how u really sound IRL. But u still do sound rather authoritative when u talk, like u know what you're saying....
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:09 am

met wrote:Links don't work for me.

Here's a better one,for the second site, anyway - http://www.cyiworldwide.com/17/post/201 ... inman.html

'Deeper waters' podcast doesn't seem to have too good sound.... you do sound a bit like that over the phone, tho ;) Well, maybe we meet in person, someday, then I'll know how u really sound IRL. But u still do sound rather authoritative when u talk, like u know what you're saying....

O well thank you.

Bettawoman

Post by Bettawoman » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:09 pm

So far, Chris Date's Links work for me as I'm working.

I enjoy listening to you talk, Joe. You have a very good radio presence. You're clear, humourous, confident, warm. You're humourous and straight forward.

I haven't listened to the other one. I like what you're saying.

Betta.
Time taken to breathe is time taken for peace.

met

Post by met » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:13 pm

Found a link that worked for me on the first one. Throw it up here for anybody else can't get there...

http://www.theopologetics.com/2014/07/1 ... s-of-you/c
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

met

Post by met » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:49 pm

Q: How does your argument from experience relate - if at all - to post-ontotheological theology and the current theological move away from an intellectually-assent-based understanding of "faith" towards an experiential/practical/commitment-oriented understanding? Ie, the move away from "religion" to "spirituality".

Does it relate? Is that why "experience" & "the trace" is a more compelling argument now? Because more people now begin understand "being religious" more in those terms - involving things like having experiences and taking actions - instead of as agreeing to propositions?
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:42 am

met wrote:Q: How does your argument from experience relate - if at all - to post-ontotheological theology and the current theological move away from an intellectually-assent-based understanding of "faith" towards an experiential/practical/commitment-oriented understanding? Ie, the move away from "religion" to "spirituality".

Does it relate? Is that why "experience" & "the trace" is a more compelling argument now? Because more people now begin understand "being religious" more in those terms - involving things like having experiences and taking actions - instead of as agreeing to propositions?

The "rational" part refereed to in rational warrant means logic. So it's a warrant established by logic. on the other hand the experience itself is beyond logic, beyond words. So the door is inherently open for that sort of Kierkegaardian view point. Yet there is a place for logic in that framework. It just has to be understood as hypothetical.

Language itself is metaphorical somewhat, so the Derridian angle is inherently part of the assumption we make in understanding metaphor.

met

Post by met » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:25 am

i was thinking more in terms of social trends, Meta. Why your arg may have better reception now than some years ago ...
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:56 am

Bettawoman wrote:So far, Chris Date's Links work for me as I'm working.

I enjoy listening to you talk, Joe. You have a very good radio presence. You're clear, humourous, confident, warm. You're humourous and straight forward.

I haven't listened to the other one. I like what you're saying.

Betta.
thanks Betta I appreciate it.No one ever likes their voice when they first hear it. I've heard mine before bu not in a long time and not in such an extended time.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:57 am

met wrote:i was thinking more in terms of social trends, Meta. Why your arg may have better reception now than some years ago ...

I see. I hope they do.