immortal technique

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

sgttomas
immortal technique

Post by sgttomas » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:38 pm

Immortal Technique http://youtu.be/IXz6nmQ_lxk

Speaking truthfully in an interview is interesting. The impact of that same message expressed through his lyrics is compelling rhetoric.

Some other non lyrical quotes:
For the record though I am not a deeply religious man, I am not fanatical about it in any sense... But I do study a lot about the history of religion which holds the key to many unanswered questions about the "procedure of speaking to God" which people have capitalized off of for centuries. In the end it is a tool that gives people the inspiration to free themselves or it is directly responsible for making them slaves and drones.

I’m a believer in God, but not in the way that organized religion is interpreted. They are all corrupted in some fashion. They say God made man in his own image, but truthfully speaking its man who constantly remakes God in HIS own image to suit some political, economic or moral standard/goal to project on others.

If I told people I was a Muslim, people wouldn't say: "Wow, that's wonderful you've found inner peace in your life by embracing Islam." They'd ask: "What type of Muslim are you? Are you one of them fucking Wahabbi, Sunnite, Salafi psycho-niggas? Are you down with Hezbollah and them?" If I told people I was Jewish, they'd ask: "Do you support Israel and do you support the colonisation of Palestine?" It's irrelevant whether you call yourself a Christian, Muslim or Jew because if you don't reflect that in your life, you aren't that at all. I have always been hounded by people about it; people try and pry it out of me. I believe in God and have a faith that's very personal to me. That faith is between me and God.

Source http://www.itukforum.co.uk/Thread-Immor ... n-Religion
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

Michael Hill

Re: immortal technique

Post by Michael Hill » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:02 pm

The problem with religion is that many think the men in dresses are the only ones who can speak to god and you have to go through them. If every believer worshipped their god in their own way, no religion would ever have been a problem.