interesting U2 article

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

sgttomas
interesting U2 article

Post by sgttomas » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:11 am

Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

met

Re: interesting U2 article

Post by met » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:55 pm

.It expresses a particular combination of faith and disquiet, exaltation and desperation, that is too spiritual for rock but too strange for church—classic U2.
Hmmm. Yes, interesting. ...is it a good or bad thing tho?
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:29 pm

As far as the tone of the article, I felt that the writer was trying to be expository not accusatory.

And my own feelings, if this is a fair representation, was appreciation of the journey and it made me think this might be a good metaphor for Christianity as a whole (or at least a significant part of north american Christianity) today.

-sgttomas
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

met

Post by met » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:48 pm

I think there's some truth to that. A lot of people moving in spiritual but non-religious, Bonhoefferian "religionless Christianity" types of directions in N. A.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005O078OM/ref=r_soa_w_d
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton