Chris Hedges - The Suicide of the Liberal Chutch

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

met
Chris Hedges - The Suicide of the Liberal Chutch

Post by met » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:24 am

Pretty tough rhetoric. I don't think he specifically mentions Perkins, where you went, Meta, but.. .

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the ... h_20160124
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Re: Chris Hedges - The Suicide of the Liberal Chutch

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:40 pm

met wrote:Pretty tough rhetoric. I don't think he specifically mentions Perkins, where you went, Meta, but.. .

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the ... h_20160124
what is a cutch?
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

rvhill

Post by rvhill » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:06 pm

The problem with USA right now is that the people are only given two choices Communism and fascism. I am personal a capitalist, but I am not a corpitalist. Right now the political party that is closest to my vies is the pirate party.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:34 pm

rvhill wrote:The problem with USA right now is that the people are only given two choices Communism and fascism. I am personal a capitalist, but I am not a corpitalist. Right now the political party that is closest to my vies is the pirate party.
then you support Trump?

met

Post by met » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:35 pm

rvhill wrote:The problem with USA right now is that the people are only given two choices Communism and fascism. I am personal a capitalist, but I am not a corpitalist. Right now the political party that is closest to my vies is the pirate party.

http://www.amazon.com/Mutiny-Love-Pirat ... B008A5FVMY
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:39 pm

the liberal church is losing members because they don't evangelize, many are not believers. they are courting disaster, they are robbing intelligent people ot the only alternative to the stupid church. that blog you link to denies the Trinity and the deity opt Christ so I don't consider then to be in they faith.

met

Post by met » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:05 pm

What are you talking about? Um, no. It's a politico mag - fairly radical & left wing by today's stds. Afaik it doesn't espouse any religious views at all.

Chris Hedges - Harvard Divinty Grad - is quite well known for left wing commentaries on religion, also on the American Empire's workings internationally....
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:11 pm

met wrote:What are you talking about? Um, no. It's a politico mag - fairly radical & left wing by today's stds. Afaik it doesn't espouse any religious views at all.

Chris Hedges - Harvard Divinty Grad - is quite well known for left wing commentaries on religion, also on the American Empire's workings internationally....
Truth dig? I guess the article I saw was a guest shot or something.

met

Post by met » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:21 pm

Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:52 am

I don't doubt you. I did see one by a minister on that site so I thought it was religion oriented since here's another one on that topic.